All About Dental

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Re: All About Dental

Post by janet88 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:41 pm

went for dental appt yesterday.

finally settled the infection. lesson learnt - NEVER stand on a stool to take anything...even if it's just a few seconds.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Post by starlight1968sg » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Janet
Do you mean your tooth infection is related to standing on a stool ? :laugh:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:30 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Janet
Do you mean your tooth infection is related to standing on a stool ? :laugh:
I fell down and hit my jaws...there was an infection in the gum after the incident.
treatment was painful AND expensive.
so never will I step on any stool again.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Post by starlight1968sg » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:42 pm

Janet
Ask the men to climb if u need to get things placed at top hung shelves/cabinet

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:47 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Janet
Ask the men to climb if u need to get things placed at top hung shelves/cabinet
I was a smart alec thinking I can quickly grab it instead of calling for either male at home.
after I fell, the 2 males rushed into the room thinking a UFO just landed. there wasn't any bruises...then out of the blue, there was a painful bulge in the upper gum. i made an appt to see the dentist and the x ray showed an infection. had a day surgery.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:54

Post by Estéema » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Oh dear, Janet. Hope you recover soon fr yr bulge & infection. Maybe then it's good u don't hv top hung in the kitchen. Now the men in your home better quick observe & anticipate yr need for help. Do take care.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Estéema wrote:Oh dear, Janet. Hope you recover soon fr yr bulge & infection. Maybe then it's good u don't hv top hung in the kitchen. Now the men in your home better quick observe & anticipate yr need for help. Do take care.
the fear of stepping on anything now is still there. the infection has been cleared.
now if I need anything out of my reach, I will call for one of the males at home. I have a phobia even climbing ladders.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:54

Post by Estéema » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:38 pm

I u'stand yr phobia. Hope it'll go away soon enuf for you, but I'll need time to get over.

OT : Mum fell with a very loud thud in the kitchen many years back. When I rushed in, I saw her eyes stiff staring at ceiling, immovable and head in pool of blood. No ladder/stool, floor not wet or slippery. My heart stopped. I kept rubbing her hands & gently talking to her till when she moved, my tears just rolled. When admitted A&E, she had a stroke. Many years thereafter, I still had phobia of heights - any heights. I'll go dizzy going down stairs fearing missing steps. I don't dare look down fr high floors, etc. today, got over alr.

Give yourself time.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:13 am

many years ago mum literally rolled down the last few steps at upper cross street...we were on the overhead bridge. the steps were small. for a few minutes she was momentarily blurred. ironic thing was I almost tripped before she did but managed to grab tight on the handrail.
a very nice middle aged guy saw the incident and insisted to send us to A&E. thank goodness the x ray turned out fine.

tsh0202
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by tsh0202 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi,
Any good recommendations of dentists for teenagers?