All About Dental

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
emumme
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Dental

Post by emumme » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi all, good day.
Any recommendation for gentle and caring female orthodontist for braces for my dd 13 yo? Got the referral to NDC from Polyclinic. Any idea of the charges involved as well? Thanks in advance.

Vevey
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:5

Post by Vevey » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:44 am

NDC told me no subsidies even though ours was a medical (not cosmetic) case referred by school's senior dental surgeon.

Charges ranges from $2.5 to 10k+ depending on types of braces and how complicated/duration.

After getting recommendations and making comparisons, we are with Neo Smile since last Dec for ease of logistics. My younger kid started seeing her few mths ago too.

She has 2 clinics in Bedok and Kovan.

Hope this helps!
emumme wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:09 pm
Hi all, good day.
Any recommendation for gentle and caring female orthodontist for braces for my dd 13 yo? Got the referral to NDC from Polyclinic. Any idea of the charges involved as well? Thanks in advance.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Instead of braces, our JC kids went for invisalign. The price difference was around 1K but we thought we might as well let them have a better experience if the price diff is not huge. We paid around $4.3K nett (for a moderate case) and surprising the effect was fast.... Initially we thought dd 1's case was complicated as she has a couple of teeth that is not straight. It's obvious when she smile. Her bottom set wasn't perfect too. She started her invisalign treatment in end Dec 18 and by May 19, her front teeth looks straight. When she went back for further review after her last set, she needed some more fine tuning and was given few more sets. But she is set to complete this year.

They wore their invisalign 24 hour except when they are eating. This is probably the reason for the speed of move.

I wore metallic braces when I was in my 20's as my front teeth overlapped. It took me 9 months to complete the treatment. But the initial pain (sore gum) was memorable even though that was 20+ years ago... While there are some initial sore feelings for invisalign , it wasn't that bad with my kids.

lim.amanda
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by lim.amanda » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:15 pm

should go to polyclinc first then get referral to hospitals. you'd be subsidized that way.

mondecoinmetier
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by mondecoinmetier » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:48 am

I have trying to get an appointment since Jun @ Woodlands Polyclinic to do polishing and scaling. It is like why is FULLY booked all to next year? I called and they say they can't see the appointment? I have to practically call and call to check got cancelled appointment? :scratchhead: Super Wow! Do Woodlands area got so many people need to clean their teeth until no appointments? :slapshead: I suddenly realized that dental service in Polyclinic in North area aren't many :yikes: . The only available is Toa Payoh and it is for next year Jan 2020. Sigh...

TiaUrch
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by TiaUrch » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:46 am

Hi parents,

Thinking of getting braces after PSLE for my DD. Anyone has recommendation of reliable dentists in JB?

TIA :)

Vevey
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:5

Post by Vevey » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:41 pm

TiaUrch wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:46 am
Hi parents,

Thinking of getting braces after PSLE for my DD. Anyone has recommendation of reliable dentists in JB?

TIA :)
Unless u hv other reasons to visit JB, making monthly trips could be time consuming for sec sch kids w frequent tests and exams.

Grr_roxy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by Grr_roxy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:21 pm

MMM wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:20 pm
Instead of braces, our JC kids went for invisalign. The price difference was around 1K but we thought we might as well let them have a better experience if the price diff is not huge. We paid around $4.3K nett (for a moderate case) and surprising the effect was fast.... Initially we thought dd 1's case was complicated as she has a couple of teeth that is not straight. It's obvious when she smile. Her bottom set wasn't perfect too. She started her invisalign treatment in end Dec 18 and by May 19, her front teeth looks straight. When she went back for further review after her last set, she needed some more fine tuning and was given few more sets. But she is set to complete this year.

They wore their invisalign 24 hour except when they are eating. This is probably the reason for the speed of move.

I wore metallic braces when I was in my 20's as my front teeth overlapped. It took me 9 months to complete the treatment. But the initial pain (sore gum) was memorable even though that was 20+ years ago... While there are some initial sore feelings for invisalign , it wasn't that bad with my kids.
Just curious. Where did your DD do her Invisalign? I thought Invisalign is about $9k or double metal braces? Thanks.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:29 pm

Grr_roxy wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:21 pm
Just curious. Where did your DD do her Invisalign? I thought Invisalign is about $9k or double metal braces? Thanks.
We did it at a private dental clinic at marine parade area. I had a friend who did the year before and he spent around $9K. Heard Invisalign has dropped their price point last year as I saw another dental clinic advertisement going at $5K+ as well.

My ds is done after 6 months and currently waiting to do his implant as permanent set grew diagonally and had to be removed. He will have a perfect set of teeth by early next year. He currently wear his aligner on a daily basis as they cater a space for his implant.

My dd is most likely done in few weeks time and her teeth are visibly straight now. Even gaps between molar are closing. So yes overall a good experience and price was reasonable.

emumme
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by emumme » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Thank you for all your kind replies.

DD will be having her detailed check with NDC on 9th Sept, i'm just wondering if I should let her make her braces there or at private clinics. Any advice please?

Thank you.