Amore fitness

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Amore fitness

Postby smurf » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:34 am

Has anyone tried Amore fitness before? is it worth signing up?

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Amore fitness

Postby cherrygal » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Me! I signed up for the limited package where it's about $13+ per session (total about >$2K). Kickboxing at the CC is also about that price and it's usually only held on weekends. Amore is more flexible but you need to cough up the money for the entire package first. Plus the facilities are very good - clean shower rooms, lockers, towels provided, gym facilities at most branches etc. So far, I have seen many women taking part in the classes even on weekdays. I have been to the Thomson Plaza, Plaza Singapura and Heartland Mall branches. You can also go to their City Sq and Tampines branches if you sign up for their unlimited package (I think > $3K).

Just go speak to them. They are not that pushy.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherrygal » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:46 pm

There is a cheaper alternative - YMCA at Orchard. Only $78 per month for unlimited usage. My fren goes there but I didn't want unlimited usage coz we mothers don't really have the time to go so often. Plus it's in Orchard.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smurf » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks Cherrygal for the review. :)

But, do you know how many sessions are there for 2k package? And for unlimited, how many months needed to sign up?

I do hope they have instalment plan so that I can pay mthly instead of 1 lump sum.:(

What about buying over existing package?

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherrygal » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Not too sure about buying over existing packages. You can call up to ask. The thomson branch pple seem quite friendly.

Yes, they have 12 mth instalment plans, not to worry.

I am too lazy to go search for the receipt but I know the cost per session is around $13+. I have 36 months to finish the package. It was a promotion at that time. Not too sure about now.

For unlimited, I think they have either 24-mth or 36-mth package. The $3K + is for 24-mth if I am not wrong.

Best is for you to visit them and ask properly. But if you want to know about facilities, it is not bad and I feel "proud" to be a member. Hahahha

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby glendt » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi cherrygal,

How are the instructors at YMCA?

glendt
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby rong05 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi Smurf,

I have been a member with them for over 2 years. My monthly unlimited membership is about $107 after gst.

I renew the membership year by year though if u buy a 4 year or even 3 year package, it is cheaper per month. But I dont like to be tied down for a package for so long in case of changes in life...

Can pay by monthly credit card interest free installment... any major sg credit card is acceptable.

From what i know... not allowed to take over existing membership but u can check with them.... Cos i thought i remembered something about non-transferable.

rong05
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cherrygal » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi glendt

I dunno about YMCA. My fren goes there, not me. Didn't ask her about it.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby RoyceH » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:06 am

I honestly think it is more worth it if you are not working - join during the 9-5 hours and you will enjoy yourself.

Amore after 6pm is just like a crowded market... you wouldn't really want to bathe there after class because the queue would be too long. The class would be more packed.

RoyceH
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby glendt » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:32 am

cherrygal wrote:Hi glendt

I dunno about YMCA. My fren goes there, not me. Didn't ask her about it.

Thanks how about the instructors at Amore?

glendt
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Health