Acupuncture for Adults - arm injury

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Acupuncture for Adults - arm injury

Postby shaber » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:44 pm

There is so much discussion on TCM for kids with asthma etc, can someone recommend a good reliable one for adults?

Broke my arm 2 months ago from a cycling accident and the recovery process has been a slow one. My arm movement is been back to almost normal with the therapy I undergo at the hospital , but my thumb and index finger are still weak. In fact my thumb can only move left and right, I cannot do a thumb down. Doctor at the hospital mentioned it could be nerve injury as I had an open wound from the accident and suggested doing a electromygraphy test, which is a test to determine the condition of muscles and nerves controlling the muscles. If it's due to nerve injury, the remedy maybe more extensive therapy or another operation to hopefully correct it. I hope to seek a different option.

I am keen to explore acupuncture which may be effective as I heard people do recover some of ther limb movement from treatment.

Thanks

shaber
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Acupuncture for Adults - arm injury

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:33 pm

u can visit one of those public TCM clinics around. brought my boy there recently...less than $20.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Health