Yoga, For Weight Loss.

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
jliu76746
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Yoga, For Weight Loss.

Post by jliu76746 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:55 am

I love this thread! I started doing yoga because I was facing challenges in my life. it seemed everything was falling apart and I had to do something to be strong and deal with the challenges. so i googled some option to help me and I found yoga videos and done it at home. Through yoga and meditations I have not only learned how to control my emotions, but also how to balance body,mind,spirit. Now I'm feeling awesome and my body getting more flexible.

CerlynR
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by CerlynR » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:08 pm

Yoga is a good way if you want to start slowly. So you can get used to beeing active on a regular basis.

Sheena8
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Sheena8 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:26 pm

Yoga is very good. Flexibility, strength, and stabilization muscles improve. Less chance of injury.

Brenda3700
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Brenda3700 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:33 am

yoga is great for weight loss! I've been practicing yoga for years and lost a lot of weight. It is the perfect exercise for me.

Ralph212
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Ralph212 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Yeah, I think Yoga is one solution for losing weight easier. But, I also believe that your nutrition routine is the main weight loss factor. Breakfast is probably the most important meal of your day, if you want to lose weight healthily and rapidly, you must take extra care of your breakfast.
Here's an article that I've recently read that elaborates my point and has some good breakfast meals for weight loss.
https://healthkeepersclub.com/best-weig ... t-choices/

Ella455
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Ella455 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:28 am

Yoga can specifically burn fat, increase your metabolism, increase your lean muscle, increase your flexibility and yoga can help you lose weight! There are certain positions and sequences that target trouble area's such as belly and thigh fat.

Czeec80
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Czeec80 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 am

Yes, Yoga helps for weight loss,Sun Salutation is said to be the complete body workout. Yoga experts say that doing 12 sets of Sun Salutation translates into doing 288 powerful yoga poses in a span of 12 to 15 minutes!

Rachel572
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Rachel572 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:15 am

Yoga can help you lose some weight, although results do vary, and also depend upon the types of yoga one does. Probably the most beneficial weight loss yoga is power yoga, which combines greater cardiovascular activity with traditional yoga. It is still not, in many experts’ opinions, as potentially successful as cardiovascular exercises like running, fast walking or swimming.

gruvecafestudio
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by gruvecafestudio » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:18 pm

its best to have guidance for yoga poses if you are a newbie. important not to do yourself at home (if you are new) esp if you have no mirror to see if the posture is right or not. I also start not long to do it with the guidance of my yoga instructor.

for weight loss, its always advisable both exercise and diet works together. Dieting as in eating the right food, not hungry strike kind. :)

Gilian039
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Gilian039 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:11 am

gruvecafestudio wrote:its best to have guidance for yoga poses if you are a newbie. important not to do yourself at home (if you are new) esp if you have no mirror to see if the posture is right or not. I also start not long to do it with the guidance of my yoga instructor.

for weight loss, its always advisable both exercise and diet works together. Dieting as in eating the right food, not hungry strike kind. :)
I totally agree! Exercise alone is not enough, we have to make sure you have the right diet too!