My kid has white hair!

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

My kid has white hair!

Postby susu2626 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Yesterday as I was washing my DB (12 yr old) hair, I found a strain of white shiny hair behind his head. I thought I was colour blind! but with a closer look, yes it was a strain of white hair.
I was rather shock, a boy at his age should not have any of this.
Any advice? does this sound weird? should I send him to a doc? i might seem like a over-concern mummy. Any cure?Please help. :yikes:

PS: In case you are wondering why I am still bathing my 12yr old DB, as this is the only time & the reason is that he had too much dandruff and i can't stand it!!! :stompfeet: This is how I found out he had white hair!! :yikes:

susu2626
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: My kid has white hair!

Postby Manfrotto » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:57 pm

It is no uncommon. My gal who is 2 has a strand before as well. Unless it is persistent and getting more. Otherwise, no cause for concern. :) Relax.

Manfrotto
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby szepinge » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:27 pm

My DD who is 10 next year has white hair since she was 7.
And she has more now though I never keep track.
Should be ok I guess. Stress?! :shrug:

szepinge
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Manfrotto » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:23 am

Can be caused by diet. Copper (found in Liver, cashew nuts, sunflower seeds, sesame) , vitamin A etc helps. If u think it's really serious then perhaps see a Doc or Tricologist. :)

Manfrotto
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Supermum33 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:44 am

My one yr old boy has very sparse hair... Even after shaving him twice.... :( any recommendations? Should I shave him again?

Supermum33
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Manfrotto » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Give him some time. My twin gals has very little hair too! I shaved them at about 5 mths old only because their hair were so uneven in length and thickness. They only got denser when they hit 2! So don't be anxious.

Manfrotto
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Supermum33 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:43 pm

thanks for the encouragement manfrotto!
cos many parents around me have suggested that i should continue to shave his hair till it gets denser... so i'm wondering if that is the correct thing to do!

Supermum33
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby bobonana » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Supermum33 wrote:My one yr old boy has very sparse hair... Even after shaving him twice.... :( any recommendations? Should I shave him again?

Can try rubbing brandy. It worked for me :lol:

bobonana
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bobonana » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:52 pm

Anyway i think it is fine for kids to have white hair, as it is not detrimental to health.

bobonana
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MMM » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:00 pm

bobonana wrote:
Supermum33 wrote:My one yr old boy has very sparse hair... Even after shaving him twice.... :( any recommendations? Should I shave him again?

Can try rubbing brandy. It worked for me :lol:

When I was young, I was in this category. So my mum applied brandy for me. She said there was once, I applied urine to my own hair... thinking it's brandy.....

For me, I still have fine hair. It's probably genetic.

For my eldest dd, she had very fine hair when she was born. There was once when a boy in the lift asked the mum why my dd has chocolate color hair :lol: Basically she has very little hair. My niece who was born 2 months earlier had lots of hair. With nutrition,etc... they will grow. Now at 10 yrs old.... she has natural curly BLACK hair and we call her lion king :yikes: So yes... she has lots of hair... the whole bundle is easily twice/ thrice of mine.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Health