Blood Type (Group)

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Postby cmm » Fri May 15, 2009 12:45 am

You can go to one of the approved MOH accredited labs (found on http://www.moh.gov.sg) for blood group testing.

Some GPs would also be able to collect your blood sample and send it to a lab to get it tested.

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby schellen » Fri May 15, 2009 10:12 am

I thought they will test at birth and record it down in the first few pages of the Health Booklet?

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Fri May 15, 2009 10:26 am

insider wrote:originally I thought/presumed so but don't have leh.

two kids delivered in Thomson Medical and last one at Gleneagles. Three also don't have...

I also forgotten how the blood type in my IC came about... (can't remember where and when I got my blood typed done in my IC. I only remember when I did my pre-marital health check up I got my blood type done during the check up).

Hmm... I go home check again.

I remember having my finger pricked at school, I think. It was pri sch, and maybe it was for making NRIC.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Fri May 15, 2009 10:46 am

schellen wrote:Hmm... I go home check again.

I remember having my finger pricked at school, I think. It was pri sch, and maybe it was for making NRIC.

I think they removed the blood type classification in the new generation ICs (ours is from our P6 IC registration in school, remember :wink:).

Some hospitals will test the kids' blood during birth, some don't. My nephew at KK does not have such procedure. Both my kids at Mt E has. One of each of my boys' blood type follows each of the parent. :celebrate:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby taslyn » Mon May 25, 2009 2:47 am

my ger was delivered in TMc last yr.. her blood grp is indicated in her health booklet...

mine was determined when i made my NRIC at pri 6..
the new NRIC does not indicate blood grp... weird lor.. but dunno what was the rationale for not including ley...

strangely for my hb blood grp, his blood grp was indicated as "A+" on his NRIC, but recently during his hospitalisation, his blood was taken, n his blood grp was O+

taslyn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon May 25, 2009 8:25 am

taslyn wrote:the new NRIC does not indicate blood grp... weird lor.. but dunno what was the rationale for not including ley...

if i remember correctly, the blood grp info is omitted recently cos it is irrelevant cos even if you need a blood transfusion or such, hospitals still need to retest your blood type regardless of what is stated in your IC.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby taslyn » Mon May 25, 2009 8:58 am

jedamum wrote:
taslyn wrote:the new NRIC does not indicate blood grp... weird lor.. but dunno what was the rationale for not including ley...

if i remember correctly, the blood grp info is omitted recently cos it is irrelevant cos even if you need a blood transfusion or such, hospitals still need to retest your blood type regardless of what is stated in your IC.

oic.... hehehe

taslyn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby amylqf » Tue May 26, 2009 12:04 am

my girl was born in gleneagle hospital, so no blood type @birth cert.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby EN » Tue May 26, 2009 8:08 am

Both my kids were born in Gleneagle hospital. A day after I have given birth, a paeditrician will come in to inform us the baby blood type. I just check on the Health Booklet. The blood type is indicated on a paper to indicate the test result.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby amylqf » Tue May 26, 2009 10:04 pm

EN wrote:

Both my kids were born in Gleneagle hospital. A day after I have given birth, a paeditrician will come in to inform us the baby blood type. I just check on the Health Booklet. The blood type is indicated on a paper to indicate the test result.

oh, I remember I searched up and down in the health booklet.
what kinds of paper or which page supposed to indicate the blood type.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Health