Circuit training to loose weight?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Circuit training to loose weight?

Postby sleepy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:38 pm

I've gone for a trial. My heatbeat didn't increase and I didn't perspire at all. So I guess it's rather easy.

Not sure how effective is this form of exercise in losing weight?

Appreciate feedback if you've tried this type of exercise. Thanks!

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Circuit training to loose weight?

Postby sleepy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:09 pm

any feedback?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby noveevon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:02 pm

sleepy wrote:any feedback?

Did a year of circuit training at Marine Parade.. Yes, lost a bit during 1st month and after that, stagnant... waste of time... ZzZzzzzz

noveevon
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby 3Boys » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:08 pm

sleepy wrote:any feedback?

Hmmm.....if your heartbeat did not rise, I'm not sure you can call it circuit training. What sort of exercises did you do?

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 am

3Boys wrote:
Hmmm.....if your heartbeat did not rise, I'm not sure you can call it circuit training. What sort of exercises did you do?

Here is a video of the exercises
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X27oBMx9LjU

I hardly lose any kilo, just minor shift between fat% and muscle%

Didn't achieve the weight loss target I've in mind

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nansk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 am

sleepy wrote:I hardly lose any kilo, just minor shift between fat% and muscle%
Didn't achieve the weight loss target I've in mind.

How long of a trial did you do?

From what I have read, a combination of strength training and interval training on alternate days is the best way to lose weight. Here is a Women's Health article that gives details and suggested workout.

nansk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sleepy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 am

noveevon wrote:
Did a year of circuit training at Marine Parade.. Yes, lost a bit during 1st month and after that, stagnant... waste of time... ZzZzzzzz

Is it at Curves?

Indeed, circuit training not effective for me either. Despites the research & reading up I did before signing up, circuit training is supposedly very effective for my age group.

Nevertheless I think I should give them a little credit too. I had not exercise for ages so didn't know what to do or how to kickstart. Signing up with them did help me to pick up my exercise routine again. There is monthly change of routine so I find that rather helpful.

My target is still to lose weight. Therefore, not renewing my gym membership. Time to shop around again :wink:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:08 am

nansk wrote:
How long of a trial did you do?

The first post was posted last year after I went for the trial. I've signed up and been with the gym for 9 months. Going regularly thrice a week

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sparks » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm

I was with Contours Express for 6 mths & I only started losing 1-2kg only in the last month. By then, I am already quite bored with the circuit (even though routine was changed every mth) cos music was not motivating enough :lol: (I need loud & energetic music to make me forget how hard I am working). It also didn't help that the trainers looked bored at times. :roll:

Now, I am with Amore fitness. I find the classes more enjoyable & at a higher level of difficulty than the cc classes I used to attend. At cc, I am considered a regular, but at Amore , I find myself back at beginners level which may be better for me.

I read that you are interested in Zumba classes. They have just started a few zumba classes due to demand. But there are already some existing classes like cardio-latino & bollyblitz that are similar & as fun & highly energetic as zumba.

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Health