Taking pills to delay period

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Taking pills to delay period

Postby orchids » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:39 am

I've not taken such pills before and would like to
know if there's any side-effects consuming them.
Are they contraceptive pills?

My dd needs to go for 2 wks long oversea trip
and is considering delaying her period. Is it advisable
for teenagers to take such pills.

TIA.

orchids
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Taking pills to delay period

Postby JGMum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:13 pm

orchids wrote:I've not taken such pills before and would like to
know if there's any side-effects consuming them.
Are they contraceptive pills?

My dd needs to go for 2 wks long oversea trip
and is considering delaying her period. Is it advisable
for teenagers to take such pills.

TIA.

I have taken them before to delay my period when I travelled. Personally, I suffered the side effects of a prolonged PMS (headaches, bad moods, bloatedness, etc). But it depends on the person's constitution. According to my gynae, some do not get any side effects at all. They are hormone pills, but I am not sure if they are contraceptive pills.

JGMum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby auntieM » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:09 pm

I took them a few times and didn't experience any side effects at all. Perhaps can check with your GP first.. .. :smile:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Acy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:14 am

I had been taking contraceptive pills for on off ar 11-12yrs, except the time when I m trying to conceive.
Contraceptive pills can delay periods but doctors recommend do not exceed 2-3 months. I had delay periods while on the pills few times already, and for me, it doesn't give me any major problems, but of course, be expect that the month when you start getting your Period back, the amount will definitely be greater abit.
As for your girl, I would prefer not to let them touch the pills if they are still young. For my case, my girl is 14yrs old n I wouldn't take this as a alternative. Because contraceptive pill is HORMONES pills and is best to be advise from a doctor. Everybody is different, some people still have side effects even thought they have gone thru a doctor consultation,BP pressure, BMI, medical history. So, my advice is unless there is really NO OThER alternative n compulsory! BUT remember, there is always a CHOICE.

Acy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kids_r_innocent » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:17 am

Since your gal is still young, better consult your gynae for professional advice.

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Health