"China-made children's products unsafe"

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

"China-made children's products unsafe"

Postby sashimi » Thu May 28, 2009 5:08 pm

*YAWN*

Now as parents we already know this, but I'd thought I'd point out to you that now that the press has finished milking all the fear from H1N1, they're going to proceed to stoke new levels of paranoia with this latest report.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 44/1/.html

China-made children's products unsafe
Posted: 28 May 2009 1615 hrs

BEIJING: Nearly half of the clothing and a third of the furniture made for children in China's top manufacturing province is unsafe, with many products containing harmful chemicals, state media said.

blah blah blah blah blah.... I'm surprised these "official investigators" didn't find any milk powder in the plastic. *rolleyes*

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby clarabella » Thu May 28, 2009 5:52 pm

sashimi ah... it may be boring for you to read of such things, but I can imagine e.g. new parents interested in such information. Don't roll your eyes so much lah, dropping out already...
:siam:

clarabella
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby smurf » Thu May 28, 2009 6:22 pm

:laugh: :rotflmao:
but this kind of news hor, turned sour already...but when I read it, still feel angry. angry why because of $$$, they can just dun care about the safety of children/end user.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sashimi » Fri May 29, 2009 9:31 am

Sorry lah, ladies. Actually I'm not bored by it per se, and I do indeed find it very infuriating. I think you feel the same way.

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby schellen » Fri May 29, 2009 9:55 am

Ya, I agree. It's just that this is old news already, yet they still have made no (or very little visible) progress towards making safe products, ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN. :x

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

i agree!!!

Postby mother_teresa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:51 pm

i know! i feel angry too! it's like HOW MUCH PROFIT u want to make man! at the risk of children! it's disgusting...as parents, since almost EVERYTHING is MADE IN CHINA@-@ it's so hard to suss out...the good and the bad...i dun even trust the word "non - toxic" anymore...sighz

mother_teresa
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Health