anyone have gone through and know a good child psychologist?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

anyone have gone through and know a good child psychologist?

Postby kc0798 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:20 am

Hi all,

My daughter is in P1 and since day one, she has been sniffing and pulling the hair of her classmates. Even as a baby, she had this tenancy to pull the hair of ladies carrying her. while she did initially pull the hair of some girls in her preschool, she did not do that in the few years leading to P1. My daughter has down syndrome and while she is at a slower developmental pace, she is adapting well to other aspects in school. She loves going to school, her classmates and teachers. She is fully aware that her actions are wrong and we have spoken to her teachers, principal and counsellor to view this and try to solve it with many approaches. These have been futile and now we are looking for some recommendations on good child psychologists that can help us understand The situation better. We do suspect OCD but would like a professionl opinion.
Can someone recommend?
I saw a similar post but only one recommendation. Appreciate some more recommendations.

Many thanks!

kc0798
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: anyone have gone through and know a good child psycholog

Postby osim » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 am

Hi,

Maybe you can check with KKH. They have a unit for children development problem. I have a friend who brings her son to see psychologist there. It is good you are seeking help as early intervention is important.

I think the school can also refer psychologist for you too. My niece has selective mutism and it was school that referred her to a psychologist.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kc0798 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:50 am

Hi, many thanks for that.

kc0798
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kc0798 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:50 am

Hi, many thanks for that.

kc0798
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby SammiMum » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi there,

I have just finished a counselling course and my trainer is therapist/psychologist for special needs children. She has many years of experience in helping schools and special need schools like pathlight.
PM me if you still require recommendation.

SammiMum

SammiMum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Health