Mummies, what do you take to boost your immune

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Mummies, what do you take to boost your immune

Postby blue » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:57 am

Being a mother, think many of us tend to neglect ourselves.

I used to fall sick so often and easily that it affected my work and performance and of course the risk of passing the virus to the children.

Anyone care to share what do you do to boost your immune and vitality? Any health supplement or herbal soup to recommend?

blue
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby clarabella » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Hiya blue
Here's what I take:-
- probiotics
- salmon oil
- manuka honey

I try to avoid processed foods too. For me, refined sugars really lower my immunity, so I watch out for that too.

Good reminder that parents should take care of themselves too. Thanks! :D

clarabella
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby blue » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi clarabella,

Thanks for sharing! :D

I am taking organic honey, sometimes mixed with vinegar. Me too, avoid processed food if I can resist. I have a sweet tooth though, so all the choco and cakes might be one of the causes for my low immune also. :oops:

Anyone taking herbal soup regularly?

blue
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Mummies, what do you take to boost your immune

Postby jedamum » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:26 pm

blue wrote:Anyone care to share what do you do to boost your immune and vitality?

I wash my hands with soap and water frequently especially if my kids are sick. :)

Whenever i feel a bit of stuffy nose coming up, I'll quickly take Dimetapp.
Whenever i feel a bit of sore throat coming up, I'll quickly take Pi Pa Gao.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mintcc » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:37 pm

me take:

1. Lin Zhi spores (esp when sick or starting to feel sick)
2. Vit B+C (when have too little sleep and when stress)
3. DOM (when have too little sleep)
4. Flaxseed oil
5. Xia shang zhui (when feeling heaty)

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby blue » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:22 pm

mincy, do you take the lin zhi spores daily? which brand?
I had tried the lin zhi spores from Eu Yan Sang before but find it quite expensive.

jedamum, what is dimetapp? Is it available at the pharmacy, without prescription? I have sinus problem and do get stuffy nose easily when feeling heaty or lack of rest.

blue
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jedamum » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:10 pm

blue wrote:jedamum, what is dimetapp? Is it available at the pharmacy, without prescription? I have sinus problem and do get stuffy nose easily when feeling heaty or lack of rest.

It is a flu medication. Was actually prescribed by my ds2's PD when he was 1yo. I took it too and find it pretty effective for myself.
Can get from Guardian Pharmacy without prescription.
My husband swear by his Vicks Inhaler for stuffy nose.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby blue » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:29 pm

jedamum wrote:My husband swear by his Vicks Inhaler for stuffy nose.

Does your husband leave his Vicks Inhaler in his nose? My husband and one of my male colleagues do it :roll:

I also take my boys' medication at times, just up the dosage. Will only consult doctor when medication doesn't work or need a MC badly. :tongue: Will remember to get dimetapp when I am at the pharmacy next time.

blue
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby smurf » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:16 am

I notice that whatever supplement I take, be it Vit C, multi vit,probiotics,etc, it doesn't really help leh...still fall sick often...but sleep, lotsa rest and plenty water seems to help a lot...and also eat balanced diet. :D

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blue » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:14 am

smurf, totally agree with you that lots of rest and water is important. The year when ds2 was born, no matter what supplements I took I just keep falling sick till there was a stage that my blood pressure kept going up + weight lose that doctor insisted to do a health screening. Was deprived of sleep, 4-5 hrs sleep on weekdays + new boss + new job responsibillity. Stress is bad to us too!

Now that boys are older and I am working in another company, trying to take the chance to build my health back.

blue
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Health