A GREAT SOLUTION HIPCCUP.

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

A GREAT SOLUTION HIPCCUP.

Postby shurley197323 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:34 am

My kids often have hipccups and recently I read a children story book that the mother rabbit give the baby rabbit "BUTTER" when it has hipccup.
Amazing, it indeed work. I tried the butter solution five times on my kids so far and it works 4 times. Just a teaspoon of butter will do. Hope it work on your kids too :D !

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: A GREAT SOLUTION HIPCCUP.

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:42 am

shurley197323 wrote:My kids often have hipccups and recently I read a children story book that the mother rabbit give the baby rabbit "BUTTER" when it has hipccup.
Amazing, it indeed work. I tried the butter solution five times on my kids so far and it works 4 times. Just a teaspoon of butter will do. Hope it work on your kids too :D !

Wow... never knew that. Will try it out next time. Thanks for the tip!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: A GREAT SOLUTION HIPCCUP.

Postby ZacK » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:44 am

shurley197323 wrote:My kids often have hipccups and recently I read a children story book that the mother rabbit give the baby rabbit "BUTTER" when it has hipccup.

Hey thanks. Now I know of an alternative.. ;)

For me, introducing CO2 into my blood stream by drinking carbonated water works for me.

More remedies attached here : http://health.howstuffworks.com/13-tech ... iccups.htm

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sashimi » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:23 pm

For me, the simplest and safest (and non-fatty) solution is to get a glass of water, take a mouthful (but hold it in your mouth), tilt your head down 90 degrees so that you're looking down at the floor - then swallow the water bit by bit. DD was very amused when it worked. :)

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby GreenQ » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:05 am

Hi juz to share...

My mil used one method on my kids on hipccups. It works! :)

Ask the child to put his left hand on top of his head, then uses his right hand to hold a cup of water and drinks 7 sips of water. Done. :)

GreenQ
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MLR » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:50 am

Just in case your child don't like to drink water or you run out of water when you are outside, er, meaning not home. Heres another method that works well with children. Just apply pressure on the centre of his/her palm with your thumb pad and massage for 30 secs or till it stops. Don't rub the back of palm, the accupoint is in the centre of the palm.

Hope it works for your child too.

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

A GREAT SOLUTION FOR HIPCCUPS

Postby shurley197323 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:32 am

I had try the methods by GreenQ & Sashimi. Amazing, it really works !
Thks. But do you know why it works, I can't explain to my kids when they ask me.

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:36 am

GreenQ wrote:Hi juz to share...

Ask the child to put his left hand on top of his head, then uses his right hand to hold a cup of water and drinks 7 sips of water. Done. :)

I tried your method but had 1 sip too many and had diarrhea after that.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby GreenQ » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:13 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
GreenQ wrote:Hi juz to share...

I tried your method but had 1 sip too many and had diarrhea after that.

Wow... sorry to hear that, Chief. How come ahh?? Weird.

Clarify in detailed. Put left palm on top of head. Not stretching left hand to do it. Juz relax to raise left hand and put the left palm on top of head. And swallow the water slowly.

May be chief can try again... :)

GreenQ
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:15 pm

GreenQ wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:I tried your method but had 1 sip too many and had diarrhea after that.

Wow... sorry to hear that, Chief. How come ahh?? Weird...

I'm just pulling your leg lah... kekeke.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Next

Return to Health