9 years old boy has hunchback..

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

9 years old boy has hunchback..

Postby cjlim » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi, anyone has this problem? I realised that my boy has hunchback/humpback. ''驼背''. I keep reminding him to sit/stand on a right position, but does not helps :scratchhead: . Especially in school, he might forget about it. Anyone can advise me what to do or any treatments can helps? Thanks in advance. :?:

cjlim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: 9 years old boy has hunchback..

Postby emerald » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:00 pm

My dd in secondary sch still cannot correct her slouching even after constant reminders.

Recently, saw a method somewhere to correct bad posture.
Use say an umbrella, a stick or pole and place it behind horizontally just above the hips and grip the pole ends with both arms around it. Straighten the body.
Hope you get the picture.

My dd still trying this out, but not much time with school workloads. Think you need to do this regularly to see results.

emerald
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby iggy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi
They can wear back support if need be.

iggy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby coz_hui » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:21 am

cjlim wrote:Hi, anyone has this problem? I realised that my boy has hunchback/humpback. ''驼背''. I keep reminding him to sit/stand on a right position, but does not helps :scratchhead: . Especially in school, he might forget about it. Anyone can advise me what to do or any treatments can helps? Thanks in advance. :?:

Hi,

You may wish to bring your child to chiropractic clinic for treatment. Quite costly about $1000+ for few treatments, helps to improve back posture.
Cheaper way is to go swimming...if the hunchback problem gets worst, the child may have scoliosis in future, and may require spine operation. My cousin did hers when she was in Secondary School.

coz_hui
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby plc » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:41 pm

you might want to try & buy the i-vest from Guardian, it's a back support. Also, there's some instructions on number of hours to wear each day each day!

plc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby CMF » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:00 pm

cjlim wrote:Hi, anyone has this problem? I realised that my boy has hunchback/humpback. ''驼背''. I keep reminding him to sit/stand on a right position, but does not helps :scratchhead: . Especially in school, he might forget about it. Anyone can advise me what to do or any treatments can helps? Thanks in advance. :?:

You may wish to consult a musculoskeletal therapist. I have previously consulted one at : http://www.manualcircle.com/index.htm

CMF
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cjlim » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks a million all!
I will try the ways what you all suggested. yes, I know it is not easily to correct him and it's take time. :thankyou:

cjlim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby UncleLim » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:23 am

Anything to do with the chairs in your home?

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cjlim » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:26 pm

UncleLim wrote:Anything to do with the chairs in your home?

Hi, I just put a small cushion at his bottom part(waist).. he sit on normal chair for doing homeworks. I feel hard to correct him when he sit on the sofa, soft types leather. Any adsive?
Last weekend, I have went to 3 Guardian pharmacy to get the i vest, back support etc.. but they have no stock anymore. I can only keep trying to find it, else, I will try to book appointment with the Chiropractic or the other treatment which was recommended by one of the parent in this forum.

cjlim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schweppes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Might want to consider kids yoga or swimming to strengthen your son's back and core muscles.

There's some discussion re kids yoga here

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 6&start=10

My dd2 had a slight problem with her spine and we brought her swimming weekly to strengthen her back. Just want to add that the weekly swimming was not part of any swimming lessons. The aim was to strengthen her back and not to be graded for any survival swim tests.

Another thing I did was to bring her to the playground and get her to hang upside down from some elevated bar. (can use those pull up bars for this purpose). The inverted pose helps to reduce the pressure on the spine and back and at the same time, helps to lengthen the spine as well.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Health