Any good Air Purifier to recommend?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Any good Air Purifier to recommend?

Postby lambchop1976 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Dear parents

Wld need advice from anyone of you who had bought air purifier and can recommend 1 good brand? I saw the demo from Delphin but wow its expensive dunno if its really worth it.

I need one that can help purify the air tho my kids aint asthmatic. And also able to get rid of dust mites.

Thanks a million

lambchop1976
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Purifer

Postby fav_giraffe » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi, was doing research on air purifier for my ds due to his chronic cough. Was recommended the Honeywell and Blue bell brand as they are the only hospital graded air purifier and use true HEPA filter. Went to the Best Denki at Parkway Parade and there was a very helpful salesman.

In the end, we did not get one as ds allergy test shows that he is not sensitive to dust mite.

fav_giraffe
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Any good purifier to recommend?

Postby zaxkjcr » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:07 pm

using this Natural Air Sanitizer made from made from natural plant extracts. works well for my kids.

zaxkjcr
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:52 pm

insider wrote:In getting any air purifier, try not to get those brands that do not have a service centre in Singapore. I ever had an expensive one but at the end the distributor closed shop and I had no place to mind replacement filter...

Yes... you have hit the nail on the head... the problem with air filter is the lack of replaceables. Same problem with cordless vacuum cleaners. I went through about 3 air cleaners in 3 years... each time giving up upon running out of filters because the distributer either went bust or they just stopped producing. It even happened with a Phillips brand one.

The one I'm using is a Sharp Plasma cluster. With me for 3-4 years now.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby charlie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:11 am

I started with two units of the Philips air purifier. Lasted me about 3-4 years, then failed. Parts were expensive and went obsolete after a while. Later went for the Honeywell, as they had all the replacement accessories easily available. It's been with me for about 8 years, and still working well. Initial outlay is expensive though, but happy with it as if you spread the cost out over the years, it works out well. Sometimes I even leave it on for 12-14 hours running (haze days).

charlie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Jav » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:34 am

I have been using one called Blueair made from Sweeden, a generally high grade with HEPA filter & almost no noise at all. Blueair provides a broad range of air purifiers with HepaSilent technology for people living with asthma, allergies, pets and smokers. Check out their website

http://www.blueair.com/Singapore/en/about/\

I saw it is available in Best Denki too the last time.

Jav
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Jav wrote:I have been using one called Blueair made from Sweeden, a generally high grade with HEPA filter & almost no noise at all. Blueair provides a broad range of air purifiers with HepaSilent technology for people living with asthma, allergies, pets and smokers. Check out their website

http://www.blueair.com/Singapore/en/about/\

I saw it is available in Best Denki too the last time.

Hi,

The Amway one is quite good altho a bit pricey at about $2K + . But at least you know that amway has been in the market for some time and the replacement parts are definitely available easily.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bishanman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Does it really help? My childrens alway have problem with their nose. Been thinking of buying one... but not too sure whether is it worth it.

bishanman
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re:

Postby happyheart » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:51 am

charlie wrote:I started with two units of the Philips air purifier. Lasted me about 3-4 years, then failed. Parts were expensive and went obsolete after a while. Later went for the Honeywell, as they had all the replacement accessories easily available. It's been with me for about 8 years, and still working well. Initial outlay is expensive though, but happy with it as if you spread the cost out over the years, it works out well. Sometimes I even leave it on for 12-14 hours running (haze days).

I also use Honeywell air purifier, more often when days are hazy. However, We do not use so much these days as kids are less prone to cough and cold now but it works wonder to keep the air fresh and clean when you needed it. For parts, we order Hepa filter from USA and change it on regular basis. Maintenance is also easy. Initial outlay is expensive but a good investment overall.

happyheart
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Any good purifier to recommend?

Postby minami » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

We're using sharp plasmacluster cum humifier. Very satisfied with this.

minami
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Health