Cervarix Vaccine

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Cervarix Vaccine

Postby Charnic » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:50 am

Anyone took the above jab ? I have recently taken the first jab and some side effects like feeling feverish and persistent backache occurs. Not sure if to continue. Anyone with similar experience to share? TIA

Charnic
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Cervarix Vaccine

Postby CMF » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:15 pm

CNS wrote:Anyone took the above jab ? I have recently taken the first jab and some side effects like feeling feverish and persistent backache occurs. Not sure if to continue. Anyone with similar experience to share? TIA

Hi

I took the Gardasil jab, and had no side effects. Apparently there are some people who do experience some side effects : http://cervical-cancer.emedtv.com/m/cer ... fects.html

If your symptoms persist, do consult with your GP before taking the next jab.

CMF
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Cervarix Vaccine

Postby ammonite » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi I am still wary of this and Gardasil and I think it is better to research more into this before you proceed. There are properly recorded incidences of side effects for both, and many more anecdotal reports. It is considered to be within the acceptable margin - meaning the percentage of people suffering from side effects is within acceptable limits, not that the side effects are negligible. You can read this article from 2009 in Britain which also uses Cervarix. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/women ... versy.html

Even for our national immunization programme, only two of them are truly compulsory by law. Diphtheria and measles. A child who has an adverse reaction to an earlier jab within the national vaccine programme only need to take the two compulsory ones under close supervision.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Health