Teens with emotional problem ?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Teens with emotional problem ?

Postby minty2000 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi,

Anyone have experiences with dealing with people with emotional problem ? Like their mind has gone bonker, they stare at people and stamp their feet, and talking to themselve, sometime giggle to themselve ? But at time, still seem to be ok...

I am referring to the daughter of my relative, teenager.. does anyone know if there is any nursing home or care services that suitable for teenagers having these problem ?

minty2000
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Teens with emotional problem ?

Postby MrsSeah » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:01 pm

minty2000 wrote:Hi,

Anyone have experiences with dealing with people with emotional problem ? Like their mind has gone bonker, they stare at people and stamp their feet, and talking to themselve, sometime giggle to themselve ? But at time, still seem to be ok...

I am referring to the daughter of my relative, teenager.. does anyone know if there is any nursing home or care services that suitable for teenagers having these problem ?

I would suggest that she see a Psychiatric.

Isn't put her in a nursing home or care services will make her case worst? I personally feel, they required a lot of love and support from their family to help them speedy their recovery.

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Laura02 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Depending on your preference, you could try school health services for govt subsidized treatment, or try private doctors in Adam Road hospital. Other private doctors I know are in Raffles Hospital, eg. Dr. Clarice Hong .... Try to find a doctor the teenager and her parents are comfortable with. Treatments for such problems sometimes takes years ....

Laura02
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby minty2000 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:25 pm

My relative brought her daughter to the phychiatrist, the girl told the doctor she so hate her
mother, and her mum not fit to be her mum. My relative is at the end road, the girl only feel disgusted with her mum's care.. So, I am checking for any Care services available?

minty2000
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby MrsSeah » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 am

minty2000 wrote:My relative brought her daughter to the phychiatrist, the girl told the doctor she so hate her
mother, and her mum not fit to be her mum. My relative is at the end road, the girl only feel disgusted with her mum's care.. So, I am checking for any Care services available?

So sorry to hear about this. Your relative must be very sad to hear this.

I have no experience on this. My view is your relative should try to know why her daughter hated her so much and try to mend it. :( Instead of casting her away to a home. Isn't this going make the whole situation worst? Her daughter may feel that her mom doesn't want her. I don't know of any home that can keep her. But if her problem is really serious, think they can admit her to IMH.

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:59 am

What about trying family counselling services first? I don't know of any, but you can probably google for a list, or the school might have a list.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby minty2000 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 am

Yes, is very disheartening and sad for any mother to hear that... This girl feel disgusted at home, so I I think have to let her stay out for some time, chances to calm down in new environment and maybe she will miss her loved ones one day... But I don't come across any care services as such... Sad

minty2000
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby minty2000 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:25 am

The school gives a list of doctors to them. Sometimes really wonder is the girl acting ? She say the mother give birth to her so must provide everything for her.. So she request to make braces and buy hdphone and the poor mother spend bomb of money on doctors, medicine, Chinese herbs, consultation fee to Chinese medium and the girl's requests..

minty2000
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:32 am

minty2000 wrote:My relative brought her daughter to the phychiatrist, the girl told the doctor she so hate her

What were the psychiatrist's diagnosis and recommendations? Surely he should have suggestions about the best course of treatment? Also, has this happened suddenly? Could something have triggered this type of behaviour/thinking if it's recent? Whatever the cause, it does sound as if professional advice is needed, either a psychiatrist or a counsellor.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby minty2000 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:22 pm

The phychiatrist seem more of chit chat session talking to the girl and one week later again make appointment... see beh ho tan, one session 200+, give medicine to stop hallucination, sleep pills..

minty2000
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Health