CAN'T SLEEP? DROP THE IPAD

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

CAN'T SLEEP? DROP THE IPAD

Postby AceTutors123 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:47 pm

CAN'T SLEEP? DROP THE IPAD, READ A BOOK INSTEAD

Reading a book can help you drift off to sleep, but you've always been told to power down your electronics at least 20 minutes before you'd like to go to sleep — a confusing proposition if you've eschewed paperback books in favor of your iPad.

A new study confirms that you should, in fact, stack your nightstand with books rather than your tablet. The small study found that two hours of exposure to the light from your tablet or laptop reduced melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate your sleep cycle, by 22 percent. Melatonin suppression can lead to disruptive sleep and changes in your circadian rhythm; that's why it's important to avoid things like artificial light that can alter your body clock.

Full story: http://www.fitsugar.com/Reading-Tablet-Disrupts-Sleep-Study-Says-24641769

Geez no wonder I haven't been able to get restful sleep, despite spending 8hrs in dreamland.

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: CAN'T SLEEP? DROP THE IPAD

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:54 pm

In the same boat. I just thought that seeing ipad as eating into my sleep time a bit did not know it can reduce the quality of sleep . Sigh!

I knew i should stop this , but it is sooo difficult. :gloomy:

Really got to implement "No ipad in the bedroom" policy. Ok from today. I will.Really! :roll:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AceTutors123 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Sun_2010 wrote:In the same boat. I just thought that seeing ipad as eating into my sleep time a bit did not know it can reduce the quality of sleep . Sigh!

Really got to implement "No ipad in the bedroom" policy. Ok from today. I will.Really! :roll:

Yea what a discovery Sun_2010! Can't use iphone or ipad or computer for a full 2hrs before bedtime! That's like all entertainment time for the day gone :stompfeet: .Shall need to do a major review and overhaul of my daily timetable hmmm

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby AceTutors123 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 am

Sun_2010 wrote:In the same boat. I just thought that seeing ipad as eating into my sleep time a bit did not know it can reduce the quality of sleep . Sigh!

Just an update Sun_2010, I did try putting away my electronic devices in the last 2hrs before bedtime and I slept much better!

Had been turning in at 1030pm in the past but couldn't get up as 630am as I had wanted. This morning was great though. Could spring out of bed to prepare a sumptuous bowl of noodles :dancing:

-Justin

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:38 am

Good for you Justine :rahrah: , some motivation for me to try tonite.
I surfed about 15 mins but about 1 hr before bedtime . But I slept late . Still did sleep better.

But really I get some me time after 10pm only , sigh! :shrug:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AceTutors123 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:15 am

Sun_2010 wrote:Good for you Justin :rahrah: , some motivation for me to try tonite.
I surfed about 15 mins but about 1 hr before bedtime . But I slept late . Still did sleep better.

Yea its hard to find "me" time nowadays! I'm trying to move this iPad/iPhone entertainment time of mine to 630am in the morning, when I wake up haha, since the 830pm-1030pm time prohibits screens.

Glad that you slept better!!

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Sun_2010 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 am

AceTutors123 wrote:
Sun_2010 wrote:Good for you Justin :rahrah: , some motivation for me to try tonite.

Yea its hard to find "me" time nowadays! I'm trying to move this iPad/iPhone entertainment time of mine to 630am in the morning, when I wake up haha, since the 830pm-1030pm time prohibits screens.

Glad that you slept better!!

Sticking to your resolution , goood :rahrah:
I tried reading last night before bedtime. Think went to sleep faster than
usual :-)

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Health