Shoulder ache

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Shoulder ache

Postby xueyan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi

Recently i have quite bad shoulder ache now and then. It is only the right shoulder. I believe it is due to carrying bad on the right shoulder.

Anyone has a good message parlour to recommend?

I am thinking of Osim or Otto power tap for a cheaper remedy. Anyone has that and can give some reviews.

Thanks!

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Shoulder ache

Postby mamago » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 pm

xueyan wrote:Hi

Recently i have quite bad shoulder ache now and then. It is only the right shoulder. I believe it is due to carrying bad on the right shoulder.

I am thinking of Osim or Otto power tap for a cheaper remedy. Anyone has that and can give some reviews.

Thanks!

Think it's caused by bad posture, usually shoulder ache is due to your neck's C2 C3 swelling (myelitis) or the neck muscles weakening; not the shoulder joint itself. Massage will only provide temporary relief, you may need to see a physiotherapist/chiropractor to administer some physio therapy to prevent the pain recurrence or worsening.

Meanwhile, a few things to observe, don't lift your right arm in such a way that your right shoulder is being push up; sit with a straight back and not to "stick out" your neck (keeping your neck in a "straight line" with your back.)

Sit straight and rest your back on your dinning chair or office chair, pull you two arms backward and downward, and hold both hands at your back for at least 30 second, repeat for 15x; that will give your shoulder a good stretch.

Heat pad will help to ease the pain too, or soak 30 mins of warm bath with epsom salt, 38-40c.

Watch your sleeping posture too, try to keep your vertebra straight, avoid pillow that's too high or too hard; if you are sleeping on your side, try to sleep on your left side, remember to chin up, rest your right arm at your back rather than on the front like the usual hugging bolster posture.

Hope this helps, take care.

mamago
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Thanks!

Are you near to AMK?I know of a good therapist there,you may want to try?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby xueyan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi kitty
I am not staying near AMK. I am staying in punggol.

Mamago
Thanks for tips.

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby pinky » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:54 am

me too and the pain goes down the right arm.
guess I spent too much time surfing this KSP forum :oops: :sweat:
maybe time to take a break before it gets worse.

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby allcc6 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 am

kitty2 wrote:

Thanks!

Are you near to AMK?I know of a good therapist there,you may want to try?

1. Which part of AMK is the therapist located?

2. What are the charges?

3. Male or female?

4. Local or foreigner?

Can PM me the contact?

allcc6
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mamago » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 am

You can try these anti-inflammatory topical creams for temporary relief.

1) Volteran Emugel (Diclofenac diethylammonium)

2) PanaMax, by Panadol (Sodium Diclofenac.)

Rub onto the affected area twice daily, wash your hands after application (to minimize unwarranted excessive absorption of the medication.)

Voltaren is of the ibuprofen family; you will have to observe your dosage if you are also orally on this family of anti-inflammatory medication.

It's advised against using it continuously for long term.

They are available at all major pharmacies.

mamago
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby virgiea68 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:19 pm

I also have the same shoulder pains every time I don't properly left heavy things. Thank you for your suggestions.

virgiea68
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Health