Urgent! knee pain

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Urgent! knee pain

Postby KiasuAdult » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:24 am

Hello everyone :smile: yesterday while standing on the stairs of a double decker bus, the bus moved suddenly while at a junction and I lost my balance, causing me to somewhat twist my left knee. I could feel something turn and twist in my knee although I don't know which part of the knee it was. Now my knee is very stiff and painful. I still can move my knee but it is very stiff and painful and I have slight difficulty in trying to move it. It is also painful whenever I try to put weight on my left knee and I have difficulty walking properly. I cannot squat as well and the pain is really intense and excruciating when I try to squat. Now my whole knee area is stiff and when I walk, if I turn it the wrong way accidentally, it will hurt a lot. I went to a GP near my house yesterday and he only prescribed me cream and painkillers which did not help in easing my pain at all. I'm worried that it may be something serious like a dislocation or something so I would really appreciate it if someone could give me advice here thanks a lot in advance. :smile:

KiasuAdult
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Urgent! knee pain

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:28 am

Go and see TMC?

Postby Mychildren » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 am

KiasuAdult wrote:Hello everyone :smile: yesterday while standing on the stairs of a double decker bus, the bus moved suddenly while at a junction and I lost my balance, causing me to somewhat twist my left knee. I could feel something turn and twist in my knee although I don't know which part of the knee it was. Now my knee is very stiff and painful. I still can move my knee but it is very stiff and painful and I have slight difficulty in trying to move it. It is also painful whenever I try to put weight on my left knee and I have difficulty walking properly. I cannot squat as well and the pain is really intense and excruciating when I try to squat. Now my whole knee area is stiff and when I walk, if I turn it the wrong way accidentally, it will hurt a lot. I went to a GP near my house yesterday and he only prescribed me cream and painkillers which did not help in easing my pain at all. I'm worried that it may be something serious like a dislocation or something so I would really appreciate it if someone could give me advice here thanks a lot in advance. :smile:

Get an Xray done if u want to know whether there's any dislocation.
Mychildren
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Urgent! knee pain

Postby KiasuAdult » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:35 am

KiasuAdult
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ABEASH » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:00 pm

it might be a ligament strain.take rest,if it is minor it will go off.take care.

ABEASH
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby AceTutors123 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Could be a slight dislocation. Seeing a Chinese physician specializing in "tie da" would be cheap and good.

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Bluegin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:33 am

I used to have knee and ankle injuries too. I use negative ion ankle and knee supporters. And voila, the pains are gone within 3 days. :dancing:

Bluegin
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mamago » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:51 am

Please wear a knee guard now, choose one that's a size smaller, your knee needs a tight n firm support now.

Minimize walking,
no squatting at all cost,
Not to keep your injured knee bending for more than 5mins, alternate it with a natural relax hang-loose posture. (semi straight)
don't try to stretch your knee too straight, stretching doesn't help at this point..

Your knee cartilage could be injured, you need to go get an X-ray done by an orthopedics, by today.

And, lastly, no TMC. the Tui-Na will aggravate your knee condition at this point.

PM me if you need further clarification. (as I am writing with my iPhone now, I may not have written clearly...)

mamago
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mamago » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:56 am

Sorry, need to write anthr supplement...

Since you injured yesterday morning, you will have to hurry, pls go to an orthopedics, don't waste precious time on GP hopping....

Delay treatment will be dire... please hurry.

mamago
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KiasuAdult » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice! :D my knee feels slightly better today though it's still unstable. Will give it a few more days before deciding what to do. I think I won't to to TMC as I am scared :( thanks a lot everyone for the advice though! :)

KiasuAdult
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Health