Transient Synovitis

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Transient Synovitis

Postby PhoBIA » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_synovitis

Anyone of your kids got this illness before? How long does a child fully recovers? Will it recur?

PhoBIA
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Transient Synovitis

Postby JR » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 am

My son was recently diagnosed with Transient Synovitis of the knee by the A&E doctor. You may want to refer to my post on http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 85#p900485

JR
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby PhoBIA » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:47 pm

JR,

My boy had it at the hips. The pain became so intense that he couldn't even walk. He had no fever or flu that I remembered. So the A&E doctor advised us to ward him so to get a ultrasound appt immediately the next morning.

He took about a week to fully recover. Just hopes it never recurs again.

PhoBIA
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby claytonbesst » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Its an acute disease that can fully recover if properly medicated on time.
Bed bug extermination nyc

claytonbesst
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby JR » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi PhoBia,

My boy recovered after 2 days (no more swelling of the knees) of medication, he was given Brufen. I am not sure if this knee problem is related to a fall he had one year ago when his knees were swollen and bruised. The GP just gave him some anti-inflammatory medicine and the swelling went down after a few days. Maybe the fall had made his knee tissue more prone to transient synovitis. Maybe will check with the doctor at NUH during the follow-up in 2 weeks time.

JR
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby PhoBIA » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:23 am

claytonbesst wrote:Its an acute disease that can fully recover if properly medicated on time.
Bed bug extermination nyc

It is daunting for mummies who had not experienced this before. But transient synovitis seems to be very common in young children especially boys.
Btw, what has bed bugs got to do with this?

PhoBIA
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby PhoBIA » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:25 am

JR wrote:Hi PhoBia,

My boy recovered after 2 days (no more swelling of the knees) of medication, he was given Brufen. I am not sure if this knee problem is related to a fall he had one year ago when his knees were swollen and bruised. The GP just gave him some anti-inflammatory medicine and the swelling went down after a few days. Maybe the fall had made his knee tissue more prone to transient synovitis. Maybe will check with the doctor at NUH during the follow-up in 2 weeks time.

Mine was also given ibuprofen. He kind of recovered. But on day 4, he went cycling. He forgot about the whole thing, cycled very fast, and the pain came back a little....... So he took about a week to fully recover.

PhoBIA
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Health