15 month baby, don't want to sleep

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

15 month baby, don't want to sleep

Postby Daday R » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:01 pm

my 15 month baby suddenly don't want to sleep at night for the whole week already.

usually she sleeps at around 8+ and will sleep through out.
but these few days don't want to sleep, everytime we wanted to put her in bed she will cry.

Sometimes she will wake up in the middle of the night and don't want to sleep.

this happens even she had few hours of sleep during the day, 2-3 hour.

please help

Daday R
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sashimi » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:43 am

At this age, sleep patterns in a child will keep changing and evolving until she is at least ... 5? 6? Or more. So don't be surprised when the pattern changes. You'll all just have to readapt. :)

Secondly, contrary to popular belief, the MORE a baby sleeps, the MORE she will sleep. Lack of naps in the day causes hormonal/chemical imbalances in the body that disturb the child's ability to sleep at night, thus causing them to enter wakefulness more often. The adult idea that denying a child sleep during the day will cause her to be more "tired" and sleep "more" at night is not only incorrect, it actually affects the child's development and mood.

Is she hungry when she wakes up? If so, it could be a temporary growth spurt, a short period of intense hunger.

I hope this helps; if not, give us more clues and details, no matter how trivial! :)

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Daday R » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:47 pm

I suspect she is teething again, but when she had her first 2 teeth she is ok.
and yes she is hungry when awake.

another reason is dunno a myth or wad. my wife is expecting our 2nd child. already 5 months.

Daday R
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby thebusybee » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Try get her more physical play in the evening - that works on my son.

E.g. Go for stroll/run/game at the park/garden/playground after dinner, or indoor games like crawling, running and dancing (inject with fun elements -music, rewards and your involvement).

DH and me like to tire son out for a undisturbed sleep, especially when he gets late nap in the afternoon and no excercise.
:wink:

thebusybee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby buds » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Chief, can merge these posts into
one specific bedtime thread? We
seem to have a few already.. tks.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Health