All About Ortho-K

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
nay_zar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Ortho-K

Post by nay_zar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi,
My 10 yrs old son has been using Ortho K lens for 2 years+ and his degree is not increased since then. We got his lens from Stan Isaac at Candem Medical Centre. We paid 1800+ for the first year and 50+ for subsequent year. He need to see the doctor every 3 months for check up. So far, we are very happy with the service there.

lalaland
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by lalaland » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:07 pm

Anyone on ortho-k and decided to go back to traditional lens or glasses?
I wonder what is the process like - do you have to get a a few pairs of lens of various prescriptions before the eyes stabilize?

qiqimi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by qiqimi » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:18 pm

For those who have your kids on ortho k, does it really help in controlling myopia? Is this the best choice for myopia control. Really appreciate a reply.

xhirlyn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by xhirlyn » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:23 pm

qiqimi wrote:For those who have your kids on ortho k, does it really help in controlling myopia? Is this the best choice for myopia control. Really appreciate a reply.
It can slow the progession of myopia. There's no best choice in medical terms, but it's an option.
whether or not it's best depends on the lifestyle of your kid.

Lilyisamom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Lilyisamom » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:01 am

qiqimi wrote:For those who have your kids on ortho k, does it really help in controlling myopia? Is this the best choice for myopia control. Really appreciate a reply.

Hi Qiqimi,

In my opinion OrthoK is really the best choice for myopia control as my kids are able to do whatever they want without their glasses. My boy can swim now without seeing things blur as before as his myopia was quite high around -400, and my little girl can now go for her dance classes without relying on glasses as well despite her myopia of also -400. They have been using OrthoK for the past 3 years and their myopia have not increased since. I also do my part by ensuring that they have good visual habits as advised by my optometrist. I have been with my optometrist for many years even after he went to other practices, and he gives really good advises, at first I was very skeptical of this treatment as all the parents here, but my optometrist was very patient and professional in explaining how will the treatment help my kids, and I was convinced of the benefits. Now my kids are also very happy that they do not rely on glasses anymore, unless when they are sick, and can't put on the lenses for several nights. Other than that OrthoK is a very effective in myopia control. If you need the contact of my optometrist, you can PM me. I have recommended a lot of my friends to him and all of them are very satisfied with his service and professionalism.

Rea
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Rea » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi, I am considering OrthoK for my daughter with high astigmatism. 275 on both sides.
I stumbled upon a shop called AeroV in Upper Thomson. Please advice me if you have patronized their services. Or any other place ?

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Lynn2 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi, please check your pm.

Rea wrote:Hi, I am considering OrthoK for my daughter with high astigmatism. 275 on both sides.
I stumbled upon a shop called AeroV in Upper Thomson. Please advice me if you have patronized their services. Or any other place ?

Anfield
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Anfield » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:34 pm

Exactly a year from my last post in this thread, and a year of terribly fast progression (100 to 300) in my son's myopia, tonight is his first night on Ortho K lenses from Stan Isaacs.

Hopefully it works well.

qiqimi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by qiqimi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Anfield wrote:Exactly a year from my last post in this thread, and a year of terribly fast progression (100 to 300) in my son's myopia, tonight is his first night on Ortho K lenses from Stan Isaacs.

Hopefully it works well.
Great! Keep us of posted of your son's ortho k development.

Juzgirlz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Juzgirlz » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Rea wrote:Hi, I am considering OrthoK for my daughter with high astigmatism. 275 on both sides.
Hi Rea, my kids have been with him for close to a yr now. They are very professional and the optimitist is very patient and good with kids, always tell jokes to each other. You can find reviews on their fb actually.