All About Ortho-K

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
EarthQuek
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Re: All About Ortho-K

Post by EarthQuek » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:14 pm

SiriusLuna wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 pm
Hi all parents, I just started my gal on OrthoK. This is the 2nd night. Apparently, she seems to like to rub her eyes when she is sleeping. Now I'm just worried that this might become worse since she will feel the lens in the eyes. Will it affect the eyes? Will the lens cause damage to the eyes?
Go to thread "All About Kids' Eye-sight"
Maybe the eye expert can help with sound advice :xedfingers:

icechendol
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by icechendol » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:39 pm

SiriusLuna wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 pm
Hi all parents, I just started my gal on OrthoK. This is the 2nd night. Apparently, she seems to like to rub her eyes when she is sleeping. Now I'm just worried that this might become worse since she will feel the lens in the eyes. Will it affect the eyes? Will the lens cause damage to the eyes?
Do you see her rubbing during sleep?
Usually not a case for concern. The optometrist can detect any injury caused by rubbing (if any) during the check ups.
Hope this helps.

XXXparentlove
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by XXXparentlove » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:38 pm

New here. A mom of two kids. My kids were under the care of Mr Chin Yan Jie from Stan Isaacs. He's by far the best optometrist in Singapore although young. Very knowledgeable and patient. Sadly he left Stan Issacs so currently looking for him. But I think he went to W Optics as heard from the staff in Stan Issacs. Anyone has contact of him?

XXXparentlove
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by XXXparentlove » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:38 pm

New here. A mom of two kids. My kids were under the care of Mr Chin Yan Jie from Stan Isaacs. He's by far the best optometrist in Singapore although young. Very knowledgeable and patient and very transparent. Sadly he left Stan Issacs so currently looking for him. But I think he went to W Optics as heard from the staff in Stan Issacs. Anyone has contact of him?

HasnaN1977
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by HasnaN1977 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:43 pm

XXXparentlove wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:38 pm
New here. A mom of two kids. My kids were under the care of Mr Chin Yan Jie from Stan Isaacs. He's by far the best optometrist in Singapore although young. Very knowledgeable and patient and very transparent. Sadly he left Stan Issacs so currently looking for him. But I think he went to W Optics as heard from the staff in Stan Issacs. Anyone has contact of him?
I've heard good feedback about Mr Chin Yan Jie, I'm interested to know where he has transferred too. Thanks in advance!

XXXparentlove
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by XXXparentlove » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:37 pm

Heard he is working at Videre now. Called over and he is there indeed! Going to book an appointment with him for my kids soon.

XXXparentlove
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by XXXparentlove » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:38 pm

HasnaN1977 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:43 pm
XXXparentlove wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:38 pm
I've heard good feedback about Mr Chin Yan Jie, I'm interested to know where he has transferred too. Thanks in advance!
Heard he is working at Videre now. Called over and he is there indeed! Going to book an appointment with him for my kids soon.