what to do if child is always sick

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

what to do if child is always sick

Postby super_dad » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm

I have a friend whose kid is always sick...like quite low immune system. Any suggestion to improve their resistance and not fall sick so often?

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby dragonball » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:39 pm

I gave my kid Chlorella http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorella supplement, suppose to help built immune system and remove heavy metals from the body. Another supplement is Spirulina http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirulina_%28dietary_supplement%29. He still do occasionally get sick, but it is like once every 2 months.

I also have a serumi ionizer running in my room, suppose to kill germs. Actually, I am not sure weather it works or not. Just that lots of articles says it works.

dragonball
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:36 am

When he was 3years old, my son was always falling sick due to the "childcare centre syndrome". No sooner than when he recovered from one bout of cold would he contract another one. And when he coughs at night, he can literally last the entire night.

At 4, I started him on an intensive swimming programme. By 6, he was practically swimming about 2 hrs every night, and he was cold-free for months. So swimming really helped him by strengthening his lungs and resistance.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:01 am

Exercise do helps. My niece at 7 years old practice Taichi and she seldoms get sick.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby Mami_Jazz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Try Chong Chao from Chinese Medical Shops but quite costly ....

Mami_Jazz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby phantom » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Mami_Jazz wrote:Try Chong Chao from Chinese Medical Shops but quite costly ....

That is not ordinary expensive. I bough some for my wife recently after delivery and it cost like $300 and she finished it in 5 portion of the tonic.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:15 pm

phantom wrote:

That is not ordinary expensive. I bough some for my wife recently after delivery and it cost like $300 and she finished it in 5 portion of the tonic.

That's $60 per bowl of soup. Pengz. I think I just get him to swim daily... cheaper.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Mami_Jazz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:44 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
phantom wrote:

That's $60 per bowl of soup. Pengz. I think I just get him to swim daily... cheaper.

i bot in bullets form ...but also costs hundred for a yr supply ....but i think is really not bad thou my boys still fall sick :)

Swimming also help of coz, twice a week will be good enuf no nid daily lah :P

Mami_Jazz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Mami_Jazz wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:
phantom wrote:

i bot in bullets form ...but also costs hundred for a yr supply ....but i think is really not bad thou my boys still fall sick :)

Swimming also help of coz, twice a week will be good enuf no nid daily lah :P

Where u buy the bullet types? If easy to consume, that's the best solution. Maybe we should do a mass order and try to get discount from the supplier. Who wants to join? How many bullets you want? (alamak... sound a bit like some jihad group)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:42 pm

Elder son used to be sick every month.
After a change in 'lifestyle' his last doctor visit was about half a year ago.
Now he
- swims weekly
- cuts down on snacking
- sleeps in non-aircon environment
- eats original flavour cod liver oil.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Health