Hair Problems

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Hair Problems

Postby Rio » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:20 am

Hi,

My hair doesnt seems to re-grow much ever since after my second pregnancy :oops:

It is definitely severe enough for me to seek some treatment.

Wonder if anyone has any experiences to share, or any good doctor to recommend?

Thk

Rio
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MMM » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:09 am

Hi,

If your hair loss is due to post natal (eg. when bb is around 4 months old onward), I would suggest that you see a GP.

I faced that issue when my 3rd child turned 4 months old and it lasted for months and I can see thining hair (even colleagues told me that). I tried to part my hair the other direction but it didn't help. Then I recalled Jack Neo's ad, see your doc for your hair loss today.

I did just that, I saw my usual GP. He prescribed me with pilfood tablets and shampoo. After a few intake, I saw significant reduction in hair loss (that was alot previously). Then gradually the loss stopped. it will grow back gradually. I recall that I only took about 1 month of pilfood but I continued to use the shampoo for a while. My gp complained to me that his wife encountered the same problem (he had 7 kids!!!). She didn't believed him and went to those expensive hair treatment company. She spent $10K plus and it didn't help in her case...

But 1 word of caution, if you are breastfeeding, I am not sure if this is advisable so it's better to check with the GP.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Hair Loss Problem

Postby tweet » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:12 am

Rio wrote:Hi,

My hair doesnt seems to re-grow much ever since after my second pregnancy :oops:

It is definitely severe enough for me to seek some treatment.

Wonder if anyone has any experiences to share, or any good doctor to recommend?

Thk

Hi

My sis has the same problem after giving birth.
She is losing hair at both sides around her temples.
The neighbourhood saloon she regularly goes to recommend her a hair tonic. Within 2 mths she can see "baby hair" growing.Its by the name of "botea"
Cost $30 for a bottle of 250ml.

Rgds

tweet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Rio » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:18 am

Hi all,

Thk for the advice. Maybe I shall see a GP first and see what he will say. I was actually thinking of going straight to a skin doctor, but my friend told me must prepare to pay thousands of $$ and not necessary see result.

Btw, my child is already 2 yo, so I have definitely pass the hormonal imbalance stage. During my fourth to sixth month after delivery, my hair loss was even worst, can almost see a hole on my scalp. Now it is only slightly better, but still a far cry from my pre-pregnancy stage.

I was thinking of having a 3rd child, but is really put off by all the changes my body have to go thru during a pregnancy, such as massive hair loss plus other problem. Really in a dilemma......

Rio
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby skunk » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:10 am

have a balanced diet with loads of fruits and vege.

exercise, sleep well. Keep stress levels down.

cut hair short, long hair is weaker, breaks more easily and is a stress on the hair-root.

don't shampoo everyday. Shampoo dries out the scalp, even the best brands. Maybe once every other day.

My wife's been "shedding fur" all over the house because she didn't follow all the above advice....die die wanna have long hair somemore. What's wrong with a woman having short hair? So nice and spunky...

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:56 am

can we change the topic to 'Hair Problems' instead of 'Hair Loss Problems'?

while i don't actually have hair loss problems, i have a lot of grey/white hair. looking at some 'mi fang' (secret formula) or diet recommendation to 'blacken' my hair without dyeing my hair.

anyone?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby sunset_dae » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:18 am

jedamum wrote:can we change the topic to 'Hair Problems' instead of 'Hair Loss Problems'?

while i don't actually have hair loss problems, i have a lot of grey/white hair. looking at some 'mi fang' (secret formula) or diet recommendation to 'blacken' my hair without dyeing my hair.

anyone?

Can try eat "her shou wu" my father in law has been eating for a long time, his hair is so black and thick and is alreadi in late 50s.

sunset_dae
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:22 am

sunset_dae wrote: "her shou wu"

:?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:27 pm

jedamum wrote:
sunset_dae wrote: "her shou wu"

:?

Or you find it in liquid form called "shou wu zhi" (首乌汁). I remember my mom saying the reason why at her age, she still has more black hair than her peers is because of this. She said that when she was growing up, the soup served at mealtimes will always look black cos this "tonic" was added.

Having white hair may also mean that the hair isn't nourished enough cos white hair looks dry and rough. So maybe, a kinder shampoo and more moisturising conditioner?

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby westmom » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:32 pm

May i ride on this thread? My P6 dd's hair is thin, limp and little. I think this is genetic because both parents do not have crowning glory..but i wonder whether there is any home remedy that will help to make her grow more hair? She takes cod liver oil too.

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Health