Sunblock for kids?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Sunblock for kids?

Postby Funz » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:39 pm

Just wondering, with the whole slew of whitening skin care products out in the market with SPF this and that how many of us actually apply sun block for our kids daily.

Recent events got me thinking. My uncle was diagnosed with skin cancer. A close fren had a scare when a mole on her hand became red and bumpy. She went for a biopsy and all but luckily, it was not cancerous.

These days, most of us parents prefer our kids to have more outdoor activities, we will put repellants on them but how many of us remember to apply sunblock for them for activities other then swimming?

I am hunting for a sunblock that is suitable for daily use on kids but most of them in the market tend to be very heavy. Oily or sticky when applied.
And then, there is the cost factor. Cheaper ones like I say, oily and sticky. Good for the swimming actitivity but not for daily use.

If someone can come up with a repellant, sunblock and moisturiser rolled into 1, and is light enough for daily use, I for one will snap it up. Provided it is at a reasonable price lah.

Any parents out there with any suggestions?

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MLR » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Hiya Funz, theres one that I used when I visit North America in summer and its mozzie season over there. Brand name Avon, not sure if you can get it here:

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx? ... f_id=33645

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby thebusybee » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:31 pm

California Baby has sunblock with insect repellent in it (Citronella blend). It's organic and natural, but very expensive.

I use it to apply on my 23 month before attend CC everyday, he's very prone to mozzie and 'absorbs' the sun easily, especially returning fr a sunny place after a vacation, seems to get darker and darker. Luckily now his skin tone seems normal (i.e. not as tan as before) Only started to use it after realizing him getting darker and darker. The CC teachers bring them to outdoor walk 2 times a day - 10am and 4.30pm, not under direct sunlight all the time already make him so dark.

thebusybee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Health