Head Lice ! Help !

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Head Lice ! Help !

Postby jojowee » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:14 pm

My girl caught head lice from outside. Bring her to see Gp was given lice lotion to apply for 3 days. The lotion kills the adult ones but not the eggs. I clean & Vacuum the hse everyday but in the end, me & my son caught it too.
Im now seriously worry... :sweat: how to get rid of them :?: :?:

jojowee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Head Lice ! Help !

Postby pinkybear » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 pm

For my experience when dd got head lice, all of us (dd, dh, helper and me) used the special hair shampoo and wash it daily. This is a preventive measure that we took. You need to buy a special comb from Guardian Pharmacy. We would comb her hair daily to check for any head lice and egg. You need to wash all your bedsheets and pillow cases.

pinkybear
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jojowee » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:13 am

Thanks ! tomorrow will go buy the shampoo & comb. How long will it take to get rid of them ? Hopefully, before CNY :xedfingers:

jojowee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby straffan23 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Another home treatment is to drench the hair with oil - this can be olive oil, coconut oil, or even baby oil. The oil will suffocate the lice. After drenching the hair, you can do a comb down with the special comb (when it is oily and wet they don't fly about). Then, wrap with a towel (turban) for about 30mins. Then wash as usual - might need to sympoo twice due to the oil. Repeat this treatment 2 to 3 times a week over two weeks. Rids the lice and gives you soft hair in the process : :lol:

straffan23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cherrygal » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Wash the bed linen and any caps, hats, towels etc with bleach and hot water 60C. Wash the pillows as well if you can. Vacuum the mattress and sun it.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby elohz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Another thing, do not share combs. Thats the reason why you and some of the house members caught it too.
My daughter had head lice too, while im treating her, she has her own comb and own towel.She used licealiz shampoo thrice a week as her treatment and protection for lice.

elohz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jojowee » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Thanks for the advice ! the battle of headlice is finally over ! for prevention we will still use the lice shampoo for another 2 weeks... :rahrah: :imcool: Hopefully those nasty lice will get away from us and never come back again !

jojowee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Monster Mummy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:10 pm

jojowee wrote:Thanks for the advice ! the battle of headlice is finally over ! for prevention we will still use the lice shampoo for another 2 weeks... :rahrah: :imcool: Hopefully those nasty lice will get away from us and never come back again !

Hi,

Can I know the name of the special shampoo as I also need to apply only daughter.

Monster Mummy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sebi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:50 am

i suggest to use lice treatment (malathion) lotion from gardian shop

sebi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sebi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:11 am

my P1 daugther not allow to sit in school coz teacher saying that she had lice problem... but i cound not find any head lice, however for prventing the lice I applied malathion lotion...
she had inchy scalp coz of sweating ...how can we belive the teacher?

sebi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Health