Full body checkup

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Full body checkup

Postby Canvas » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:01 am

Will you please share where do you go for a full body checkup and how often? I used to go for Pap smears at polyclinics but the experiences were not great so I am looking for alternatives. Haven't had one since i had DD in 2009. And in any case, Pap smear alone is not enough. I think we also need to check the other parts of our bodies as well?

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Full body checkup

Postby cherrygal » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Most GPs have health screenings too. Easier than going to hospitals. But if you want a chest xray and ECG, then it's better to go to a full hospital. Don't go to SATA though...

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Canvas » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:39 am

:snuggles: Thanks Cherrygal! I think checkups are important that was why I asked for suggestions/ sharings. I shall go look up the various private hospitals for their packages. And yes, no SATA! :smile:

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cmm » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:02 pm

May I know why "no SATA"? Cos I'm also considering doing a full medical check and looking around for a comprehensive one but not too costly. SATA's rates seems quite reasonable...

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Canvas » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 pm

My personal experience with SATA was a painful one. :nailbite: I had to have a full checkup in order to go overseas for my postgraduate studies and I felt alot of pain from simple stuff like drawing blood etc. I can't remember if I went there as well when I needed to do another checkup prior to taking up teaching. But to be fair, that was a good 14 years ago so things might change.

I am inclined towards Mt Alvernia because my 2nd childbirth experience there was really good. I am going to check about their package and maybe do Papsmear with my regular GP. Now abit more kancheong about my health because both my mum and grandma died very young and I really want to be around when my kids grow up. :sad:

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cmm » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:18 pm

I see. Thanks for the reply! Yes, definitely important to be treated gently during procedures like drawing blood. Will look around some more.

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm

cmm wrote:May I know why "no SATA"? Cos I'm also considering doing a full medical check and looking around for a comprehensive one but not too costly. SATA's rates seems quite reasonable...

My husband and I went to the AMK SATA in 2011 for our last medical. It was a bit busier and noisier than private hospitals, and the waiting time can be a bit long (took about 2+ hrs in total, I think). But we felt the cost savings were worth it. I didn't find the pain any worse than other places.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Canvas » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:27 am

slmkhoo wrote:
cmm wrote:May I know why "no SATA"? Cos I'm also considering doing a full medical check and looking around for a comprehensive one but not too costly. SATA's rates seems quite reasonable...

My husband and I went to the AMK SATA in 2011 for our last medical. It was a bit busier and noisier than private hospitals, and the waiting time can be a bit long (took about 2+ hrs in total, I think). But we felt the cost savings were worth it. I didn't find the pain any worse than other places.

Can you share what tests are included in the package? The last time I went to SATA I did only the necessary tests but due to my age at that time, I did not need to do other stuff. I realised I have been going to separate places subsequently for different tests, for example, KKH for mammogram, papa smear at polyclinics/GP etc. I prefer to do everything in one place. :rahrah:

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Dreamgear » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:38 am

If its blood, urine and stool tests, GP health screen is good enough....think they all send to the same lab, PathLab or something like that.

For check with extras, like ECG, Treadmill, can look at packages from Raffles Hospital, Thomson Lifestyle, etc

Some procedures can do insurance claim and use medisave, like colonoscopy.....can find out more from your agent

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:05 am

Canvas wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:

Can you share what tests are included in the package? The last time I went to SATA I did only the necessary tests but due to my age at that time, I did not need to do other stuff. I realised I have been going to separate places subsequently for different tests, for example, KKH for mammogram, papa smear at polyclinics/GP etc. I prefer to do everything in one place. :rahrah:

I did the 'Premier' package. See brochure:

http://www.sata.com.sg/images/services/ ... ochure.pdf

I generally do my Pap smear and mammogram at a polyclinic as it's cheaper. For SC women over 40yo, a mammogram under is only $50, and Pap smear (over 25yo) $15.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Health