Loud sleeping sounds from husband, not sleep apnea

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:86

Re: Loud sleeping sounds from husband, not sleep apnea

Post by buds » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:28 pm

The reflexology auntie does a mean qi gong on my lower back ache too and she complains to hubs (intentionally) :evil: that i must've either done too much at home (chores) on my own.. carried the boys a lot.. owes it to breastfeeding as well.. and carried too many heavy things.. To top it off, she will scold me for not adhering to the too-much-cold-water is not good for me. :P

All that by just placing her magic hands on my back. Aaaaahhh. Miss u auntie! :cry:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:68

Post by schweppes » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:29 pm

BigDevil wrote:
schweppes wrote:Come to think of it, dh snores more when he's sleeping on his back.

buds wrote:Like schweppes' DH, buds_hubs also seems to snore louder when lying flat during sleep.

This picture explains why that is so...

So by turning to the side, you prevent the tongue from falling backwards to block the airway.

Can read more about snoring here: http://www.howtostopsnoring101.com/

Thanks BigD, for the scientific explanation :lol:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by buds » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:02 am

schweppes wrote:
buds wrote:
Good reflexologists or therapists require no information... they touch your leg oredi they know what's wrong with you or your body. However, if you require extra attention to a certain problem area that has been bugging for sometime or is causing health concerns , can ask them to help work more on that particular area. Every part of the foot represents a specific body part and foot reflexology does indeed help. I wasn't a believer before but now totally sold on this method of inner healing.

You're most welcome.

Now you make me wanna go for a foot reflexology tomorrow!! :razz:

I wanna go too! :cry:

For a long time oredi. :cry:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by buds » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:08 am

schweppes wrote:
buds wrote:Hi schweppes and Jennifer, I suffer from stiff neck and bad back as well.

With your 2 sumo babes and everything else you do in between, guess the stiff neck and bad backs are likely to happen.

You know buds best, uh? :evil:

:imanangel:

OT abit.. my friend who is a gym fanatic affirmed that at least 30-45mins bed workout is like running a certain distance... the disclaimer is... it's dependent on the intensity... :wink: ... and when done in the mornings, apparently does good things to the heart... the adrenaline rush keeps the heart pumpin' good. :D

schweppes wrote:Maybe indulge and call massage macik to your home to knead away the kinks. Or, do some yoga poses like cat, tree and mountain poses to strengthen your back muscles. Helps with lower back aches.

Ya, massage macik can knead away the kinks but never the same with what a reflexologist does. :please: Two great healing methods with different results. Both great in their own way. Aaaahh..

Linlin
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Linlin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:05 am

I watched an advertisement about snoring sound and I agree sometime this kinda of motorbike/ car engine cannot start properly sound abit over :rotflmao:

but when u think back that's the way hubby slp..
The sound of his snoring..

I don't know if 1 day I will miss the the snoring or not :yikes:
But at times I do miss the snoring sound when he working night shift :sweat:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by Jennifer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:12 am

schweppes wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Will give the contour pillow a try.

Btw, about the foot reflexology, do you inform the massager there is a sleep issue?

:thankyou:

Jeen- neee- feeer, the contour pillow did not work its magic last nite :cry:

aiyoyo, why like that???? For you or your hubby?

So I buy or not not buy huh :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by Jennifer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:19 am

buds wrote:The reflexology auntie does a mean qi gong on my lower back ache too and she complains to hubs (intentionally) :evil: that i must've either done too much at home (chores) on my own.. carried the boys a lot.. owes it to breastfeeding as well.. and carried too many heavy things.. To top it off, she will scold me for not adhering to the too-much-cold-water is not good for me. :P

All that by just placing her magic hands on my back. Aaaaahhh. Miss u auntie! :cry:

So this auntie is no longer working in Bt Timah? and u dun know where she has gone?

There are at least 2 centres in Thomson Plaza offerring foot reflexology - Wan Yang and Refresh Group. Do these centre hard sell packages?

My P6 boy is attending Chinese tuition at Thomson Plaza every Sunday. Instead of wondering aimlessly every weekend there, I thought I should pamper myself every week with some ME time. :rahrah: (I was so stupid in the past).

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Post by schweppes » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:25 am

Jennifer wrote:
schweppes wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Will give the contour pillow a try.

Btw, about the foot reflexology, do you inform the massager there is a sleep issue?

:thankyou:

Jeen- neee- feeer, the contour pillow did not work its magic last nite :cry:

aiyoyo, why like that???? For you or your hubby?

So I buy or not not buy huh :wink:

Didn't work on dh as he continued to snore that nite. But cd be he's also down with bad cough so affected his nasal passageway?

Anyway, he banished himself to sleep in the study room as sleeping beauty needs her beauty sleep :snooze: :wink:

Aiyah, go get it lah since OG and Robinsons having promo. Must pamper ourselves since we all work so hard :lol:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Post by schweppes » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:38 am

Jennifer wrote:
buds wrote:The reflexology auntie does a mean qi gong on my lower back ache too and she complains to hubs (intentionally) :evil: that i must've either done too much at home (chores) on my own.. carried the boys a lot.. owes it to breastfeeding as well.. and carried too many heavy things.. To top it off, she will scold me for not adhering to the too-much-cold-water is not good for me. :P

So this auntie is no longer working in Bt Timah? and u dun know where she has gone?

There are at least 2 centres in Thomson Plaza offerring foot reflexology - Wan Yang and Refresh Group. Do these centre hard sell packages?

My P6 boy is attending Chinese tuition at Thomson Plaza every Sunday. Instead of wondering aimlessly every weekend there, I thought I should pamper myself every week with some ME time. :rahrah: (I was so stupid in the past).

Never too late. Can still go now. Good idea to go for foot reflexology session when ur ds2 having tuition. Then u don't have to keep wandering into Popular every week. :wink:

In the past, when my girls went for tuition at Parkway, Dh and I used to go to WanYang at Parkway for foot massage. Find that it helps with water retention and better blood circulation.

Think whichever place u go to, think they will try and sell u the packages but guess u don't have to sign up if u don't want too. Maybe go to both and compare price and service to see which is better. Not sure abt Refresh but with Wan Yang, there's no expiry date and both u and dh can share the package. Can also treat it as couple time for u and Dh.

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:43

Post by Harlequin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Harlequin wrote:As for boiling cordyceps, I was told it's best taken empty stomach, and it's unlike other Chinese herbs that the essence could be extract from the double boiling's heat into the soup, to get the optimum benefit from cordyceps is to ingest the plant/root itself.

Thank you for sharing the above.

Was it the Hock Hwa staff who told you?

Would consuming powdered form directly w/o the capsule yield the same benefits as taking the capsule form?

We have not tried other brand's cordyceps, Hock Hwa is the only one that we had been "persuaded" into buying, lol.... So, most knowledge I have about cordyceps are from them. :oops:

BTW, the clear gelatin capsule is filled with cordyceps powder, so tightly packed into the capsule that we often have hard time digging out the cordyceps powder for my girl's "half capsule" dosage.... now we just snip it half with scissors, and save the other half in a tight-lid Tupperware and store in the fridge.

Before she learnt to swallow the halved capsule, I would have to dig out the powder and mixed with a tablespoon of lukewarm water in a small cup, much like how we prepare Lactolfort; but the cordyceps powder will not dissolve into the water, but floating on it instead, no matter how I tried to stir it in; and the powder lodged all over her teeth that she needed to "gargle" with a glass of water. It was a nightly struggle till she finally learnt how to swallow the halved capsule. (Lol, I can write a 101 manual about learning to swallow capsule/caplet/tablet!)