Loud sleeping sounds from husband, not sleep apnea

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Re: Loud sleeping sounds from husband, not sleep apnea

Post by Jennifer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:45 am

schweppes wrote:As for DD2... makes no difference for that girl. Dont know how she sleeps. In the morning, pillow, bolster and blankie on the floor :roll: :slapshead:

this scene looks familiar :lol:

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:7

Post by jjxy mum » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Jennifer wrote:I am a light sleeper. Hubby's deep mellow sleeping sounds have been waking me up several times in the night. Once awaken, I do not fall back to sleep easily.

I asked him what his first thought is when he sees my pillow and blanket are not on the bed, he replies: how does other wives cope with their husband's snoring? :mad:

What can I do?

1. Ear plugs? Would I be able to hear my alarm clock ring the next morning?

2. Sleep in the same room, then when I wake up, move to the study room or living room to sleep?

3. Sleep with my children?

4. Send hubby to see a doctor? He did a sleep test 2 year ago at SGH but doctor said nothing wrong with him and did not give any medications or suggestions. I am not the only one hearing his sleeping sounds, both my children are well aware of it too and they are equally troubled by it when we travelled and stayed in the same hotel room.

Hi Jennifer,

I just came across to above post when browsing the health related topics..Have you found any 'remedy' for snoring?

Dh has been snoring loudly everyday for many years. Most of the time, he will sleep at the sofa as I couldn't stand his loud noise. We slept on same bed only in weekend( meaning Friday and Saturday ) when I not working the next day. Sometimes, I will sleep with DD by 'squeezing' on her single-size bed. ( btw, she keep asking me to sleep with her recently :? )Only these arrangement, dh then got a chance to sleep on a comfy bed :sad:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by Jennifer » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:24 pm

jjxy mum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I am a light sleeper. Hubby's deep mellow sleeping sounds have been waking me up several times in the night. Once awaken, I do not fall back to sleep easily.

I asked him what his first thought is when he sees my pillow and blanket are not on the bed, he replies: how does other wives cope with their husband's snoring? :mad:

What can I do?

1. Ear plugs? Would I be able to hear my alarm clock ring the next morning?

2. Sleep in the same room, then when I wake up, move to the study room or living room to sleep?

3. Sleep with my children?

4. Send hubby to see a doctor? He did a sleep test 2 year ago at SGH but doctor said nothing wrong with him and did not give any medications or suggestions. I am not the only one hearing his sleeping sounds, both my children are well aware of it too and they are equally troubled by it when we travelled and stayed in the same hotel room.

Hi Jennifer,

I just came across to above post when browsing the health related topics..Have you found any 'remedy' for snoring?

Dh has been snoring loudly everyday for many years. Most of the time, he will sleep at the sofa as I couldn't stand his loud noise. We slept on same bed only in weekend( meaning Friday and Saturday ) when I not working the next day. Sometimes, I will sleep with DD by 'squeezing' on her single-size bed. ( btw, she keep asking me to sleep with her recently :? )Only these arrangement, dh then got a chance to sleep on a comfy bed :sad:

Some days quiet, some days noisy. :shrug: I usu. move to sleep in the study room, we hv a mattress on standby mode :wink:

yassine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by yassine » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:29 pm

I tried everything I could think to do on my end. Earplugs did not drown out the sound. Getting him to turn onto his side didn't stop the snoring. Eventually, I moved to a different room for sleep, and I still had to use earplugs because his Snoring with mouth closed was loud enough to hear through the wall. But at least the wall dampened the sound enough for earplugs to be effective. He didn't care enough that it was consistently taking me 2-3 hours to fall asleep every night, so he never went to a doctor about it.

The sound of snoring makes me want to rip my ears off now. It's so so so grating, and I think it's because of my super negative experiences with it.