Fungus on study table

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Fungus on study table

Postby kitty2 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:02 pm

I bought a set of study table from V'hive and the whole set is always filled with fungus :mad: .After removing them,the fungus will return in a few days,anyone has any idea how to fet rid of them ,besides throwing the table away? :stupid:

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Fungus on study table

Postby 365psych » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:56 pm

the wood may not have been cured properly.
1. try wiping the table with vinegar and lemon juice. 2 table spoon each is enough.
2. if above does not work, apply a coat of varnish if you have the time and patience.
Otherwise may have to donate to Salvation Army.

All the best.

365psych
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kitty2 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:05 pm

365psych wrote:the wood may not have been cured properly.
1. try wiping the table with vinegar and lemon juice. 2 table spoon each is enough.
2. if above does not work, apply a coat of varnish if you have the time and patience.
Otherwise may have to donate to Salvation Army.

All the best.

:udawoman: :thankyou: I don't need to dilute the vinegar,right?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby guppy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:43 pm

If the vinegar mixture doesn't work, try tea tree oil or palmarosa oil. http://www.ehow.com/how_4549129_make-ec ... leach.html

I had similar problem and as of today (about 4 mths), no mould/fungus has appeared on my teak bedside table.

Good luck.

guppy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kitty2 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:48 pm

guppy wrote:If the vinegar mixture doesn't work, try tea tree oil or palmarosa oil. http://www.ehow.com/how_4549129_make-ec ... leach.html

I had similar problem and as of today (about 4 mths), no mould/fungus has appeared on my teak bedside table.

Good luck.

:thankyou: Where to get the above oil? :udawoman:

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 pm

kitty2 wrote:I bought a set of study table from V'hive and the whole set is always filled with fungus :mad: .After removing them,the fungus will return in a few days,anyone has any idea how to fet rid of them ,besides throwing the table away? :stupid:

Did you go back to V'hive?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Jennifer wrote:
kitty2 wrote:I bought a set of study table from V'hive and the whole set is always filled with fungus :mad: .After removing them,the fungus will return in a few days,anyone has any idea how to fet rid of them ,besides throwing the table away? :stupid:

Did you go back to V'hive?

No :( but i emailed them with no reply :stupid: The fungus has made me :frustrated: wonder what they can do :smile:

:thankyou:

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby guppy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:57 am

kitty2 wrote:
guppy wrote:If the vinegar mixture doesn't work, try tea tree oil or palmarosa oil. http://www.ehow.com/how_4549129_make-ec ... leach.html

Good luck.

Anywhere which sells essential oils or aromatherapy. But try the vinegar mixture as suggested; it's cheaper, works as well most of the time. Also, helps if you put your table near where it's sunny & less humid.

guppy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kitty2 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:01 pm

guppy wrote:
kitty2 wrote:

Good luck.

Anywhere which sells essential oils or aromatherapy. But try the vinegar mixture as suggested; it's cheaper, works as well most of the time. Also, helps if you put your table near where it's sunny & less humid.

:thankyou: do I need to dilute the vinegar?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby guppy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:25 pm

kitty2 wrote:
:thankyou: do I need to dilute the vinegar?

No. http://blacktoxicmolds.com/vinegar-kill-mold.php

guppy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Health