Chicken essence

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Do you believe we still need chicken essence when we already eat nutritious food every day?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes : 28

Chicken essence

Postby ngl2010 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 am

I am always skeptical about the benefit of chicken essence. I think decades ago it is still relevant but with the current abundance of food why do we still need chicken essence? Don't we eat enough nutritious food now?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Chicken essence

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 13, 2013 12:13 pm

ngl2010 wrote:I am always skeptical about the benefit of chicken essence. I think decades ago it is still relevant but with the current abundance of food why do we still need chicken essence? Don't we eat enough nutritious food now?

I think for working pple who eat out most of the times at hawker centres, chicken essence might b good.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:48 pm

But why? If we choose the food at the hawker centre wisely, why do we still need chicken essence? Are we saying that hawker centre's food are not nutritious?

I have not seen any research by impartial reasearcher(s) that shows benefits of chicken essence. All are old wives' tale. Show me the research paper and I will believe that chicken essence is beneficial at this age. Decades ago is different because a lot of people are malnutrition so chicken essence provides the required protein. But with our kids consuming sufficient protein nowadays, why do we need chicken essence? All are marketing tactic only.

Sorry I am emo on this topic because I don't see the logic.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon May 13, 2013 3:04 pm

My sil shared with me that during exams, she would give her ds essence of chicken.

She said once she woke up late for his maths exams. So she didn't give him the essence. Nephew came back and said that half way through the maths paper, he felt tired & sleepy and couldn't think well.... So offering essence of chicken in her opinion is more to 提神。

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Funz » Mon May 13, 2013 3:14 pm

DH will take a bottle of chix essence every morning. On days when he goes without, he will says that he gets tired more easily.

When I was younger, my mum tried making me drink chix essence since it was exam day. I drank and promptly vomited everything. Ended up missing the school bus and my dad had to send me to school instead.

Think it is psychological. Because people think that it helps and so it does.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby slmkhoo » Mon May 13, 2013 3:25 pm

ngl2010 wrote:Sorry I am emo on this topic because I don't see the logic.

Is someone forcing it on you or your kids? I totally agree with your opinion that in the modern day and age, most people are eating well enough that chicken essence is unnecessary. But I reckon that to each his own - if others want to take it, it's up to them as long as they don't force it on me. The only times I drank chicken essence was during my confinements, not because I felt I needed it (I don't think I did), but because my mil already bought them and I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Funz wrote:
When I was younger, my mum tried making me drink chix essence since it was exam day. I drank and promptly vomited everything. Ended up missing the school bus and my dad had to send me to school instead.

I hate the smell of chicken essence too... My dd 1 as well... We just cannot tahan at all. So I don't take it at all. The smell is too pungent.

My ds can tahan it and he is a strange boy who is into herbal soup and bird nest type. So I would usually offer essence of chic to him during exams...

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ngl2010 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:37 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:Sorry I am emo on this topic because I don't see the logic.

Is someone forcing it on you or your kids? I totally agree with your opinion that in the modern day and age, most people are eating well enough that chicken essence is unnecessary. But I reckon that to each his own - if others want to take it, it's up to them as long as they don't force it on me. The only times I drank chicken essence was during my confinements, not because I felt I needed it (I don't think I did), but because my mil already bought them and I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

My MIL is chicken essence fan. She is 'forcing' it on DS because this year is his PSLE year. My usually full of logic husband is not logical in this matter. He thinks it will help our DS in exam. I am going to hide the chicken essence and hopefully DH will forget about it. DH needs to show me the research paper if he wants me to give chicken essence to our son. What a nonsense.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Harlequin » Mon May 13, 2013 3:40 pm

DH, DDs and PIL drink chicken essence every morning. I only drink whenever I need the perk-up, on those mornings that I am feeling slow and very sleepy. It's really good for 提神, not sure is there any other benefit.

By the way, is it additive? :scratchhead:

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Mon May 13, 2013 3:42 pm

My boy who really hated the taste did admit that he was more alert when he was taking his psle.

By the way, from whatever you wrote, I'm not sure whether you donch like the chicken essence or your MIL ..... Or both. :wink:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Health