Why is the palm cold?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Why is the palm cold?

Postby jkids » Fri May 24, 2013 5:09 pm

hi

one of my kids has a colder palm than the rest. is it becoz blood circulation is not good for him?

is there any remedy on this? pls help. thanks.

jkids
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Why is the palm cold?

Postby Jennifer » Sat May 25, 2013 11:24 am

My elder boy has a bit of sweaty palm and sole , hence his palms & soles are cool to the touch.

We are seeing Chinese TCM to improve hi health.

What other symptoms does your child hv?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby osim » Sat May 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Jennifer wrote:My elder boy has a bit of sweaty palm and sole , hence his palms & soles are cool to the touch.

My dd has the same problem. Does the TCM help?

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:00 pm

I have cold palm and feet since I was a child. I don't understand your concern because I am still healthy until now. I don't see any problem with cold palm and feet other than during job interviews (must shake hand) and dating (after a while my boyfriends got used to it already lar).

:scratchhead:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jkids » Sat May 25, 2013 9:55 pm

my kid oso has some brown and a few white hair. is this oso due to poor blood circulation?

he is also thin but he eats well.

can u share what tcm treatment your child goes thro?

and what did the physician said?

jkids
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 26, 2013 4:12 pm

ngl2010 wrote:I have cold palm and feet since I was a child. I don't understand your concern because I am still healthy until now. I don't see any problem with cold palm and feet other than during job interviews (must shake hand) and dating (after a while my boyfriends got used to it already lar).

:scratchhead:

You r fortunate that there is no significance inconveniences.

My hubby also has sweaty palms/soles. He is small built - having difficulty finding business/casual shoes that are size 5. During NS, he also faced difficulty in completing some exercises, esp pull up, climbing ropes due to sweaty palms.

For ladies, small body size is being 娇小铃珑, we wont have much difficulty buying clothes, etc. Most of us wont be doing NS.

For men, it is a very different pic.

My elder boy has more white hairs than me. Luckily his shoe size is one size bigger than his father.

He used to fall sick easily. Just let him sleep late (only need to be later than 10.30pm) for a week or so, one morning he would come tell me he felt dizzy, then started to vomit/unable to eat/need to sleep the whole day before he could function normally again.

In my most humble opinion, my boy's sweaty palms/soles is a symptom of an underlying medical condition and I chose to try to address the condition.

The Chinese TCM has been helpful in building up his health. He now can sleep late (esp during school boarding) w/o complaining of feeling unwell. I also hope he can grow taller more and definitely wish that there is less new white hair.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 26, 2013 4:16 pm

osim wrote:
Jennifer wrote:My elder boy has a bit of sweaty palm and sole , hence his palms & soles are cool to the touch.

My dd has the same problem. Does the TCM help?

For our case, I have seen a few TCM physicians over the years before finding one that could really help. I gave each TCM a period of 6 months before switching when I did not see any improvement.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vinegar » Mon May 27, 2013 6:24 am

sweaty palm might be due to too much "dampness" in body that causes insufficient qi in body.

when not enuff qi,blood cannot circulate well to pump our heart. when heartbeat not good,causes lack of energy.

i've sweaty palm/feet,due to hyperthyroidism.i am still taking medication n oso seeing tcm to tiao my body. besides,i exercise regularly...

u'll realise u sweat more(palm/feet),when u r nervous,feel hot/cold....this is bcoz of ur heart.when u feel nervous,ur heart beats(palpitations) faster.this oso related to hormone,immune system..etc...well,it is complex.

vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 am

cold hand and feet....could it be hypotension?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby osim » Tue May 28, 2013 12:42 am

vinegar wrote:sweaty palm might be due to too much "dampness" in body that causes insufficient qi in body.

when not enuff qi,blood cannot circulate well to pump our heart. when heartbeat not good,causes lack of energy.

i've sweaty palm/feet,due to hyperthyroidism.i am still taking medication n oso seeing tcm to tiao my body. besides,i exercise regularly...

u'll realise u sweat more(palm/feet),when u r nervous,feel hot/cold....this is bcoz of ur heart.when u feel nervous,ur heart beats(palpitations) faster.this oso related to hormone,immune system..etc...well,it is complex.

My dd also feels cold easily. I also think this is blood circulation problem. I am trying out one 100mg Naicin (a supplement) for her daily. It helps to dilate blood vessels. I believe exercise should help but she has little time for that.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Health