Indigestion / Constipation / Bloating

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
Jaclyn13
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Indigestion / Constipation / Bloating

Post by Jaclyn13 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:19 pm

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:
Jaclyn13 wrote:
Coolkidsrock2 wrote:Where do you get it? From the doctor?

U can get it at sg.shop.com/jac1313 , is in isotonix form. Not in tablets. Isotonix is 95% absorption, n in 5mins time. This bottle is 90serving. it helps to relive my bloatness after heavy meals n stomach upset. pls pm me, i wil help u on the procedure. Tks.
Thanks. Will let you know if I order.

The information abt the supplement facts. Ok, sure. :)

Adelinechua
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Adelinechua » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:21 pm

I give my younger kid biogaia and older one lactogg. I also take lactogg for constipation after seeing how well it worked on my kid. Last round during a cruise, my whole family had stomach flu except for my kids and I so it is good for digestive immunity.

EmsC
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by EmsC » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:46 am

The simple answer to is....water! This constant bloating, aching feeling is caused by severe dehydration. You might not even notice that you are thirsty, but that pain your body is exhibiting is telling you just that. That's one of the causes of obesity, is the lack of water in people's diet. Because sometimes when you feel hungry, your body is actually thirsty, and so people eat instead of drink! There are so many syndromes out there that are the result of the simple lack of water. So drink plenty of water, everyday, all day, make it part of your lifestyle. The effect is instantaneous and soon enough this pain will be a thing of the past

Lavender123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Lavender123 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:37 am

I think drinking Yakult helps...

Fattymummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Fattymummy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:53 pm

I also agree that taking probiotics helps. I sometimes take 2 different types of probiotics and work better than laxatives.

Vince19
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Vince19 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:15 am

There are ways to avoid Indigestion.. Eat small meals so the stomach does not have to work as hard or as long. Eat slowly. Avoid foods that contain high amounts of acids, such as citrus fruits and tomatoes.. Hope this helps!

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:54

Post by Estéema » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:34 pm

Lavender123 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:37 am
I think drinking Yakult helps...
This causes ano problem - Yakult is full of sugar & preservatives. Drinking plain water is good enuf. Just don’t overflush.

Eat healthy diet with high fibre of veg & fruits (unless u hv pre-existing conditions that limits you), drink plenth of water & exercise.

Normal digestive issues can take bananas, plum.

But for bloatedness, best to go for medical checks to eliminate concerns of colon issues.

Juls00
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Juls00 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Drink LOTS of water. Try prune juice and increasing your dietary fiber. But increase your fiber slowly. Your body will have to take time to adjust to more fiber, and increasing quickly will lead to lots of gas. The doctor recommended to my friend to try benefiber powder mixed into juice or milk. He said to start with half a teaspoon, then slowly increase to 2 teaspoons over a couple of weeks. I tried the same thing, and it really helped. Starting in with the full serving ended up with MAJOR gas pain. Easing in slowly eliminated that. You can also use things like gas-x, but you don't want to become too dependant on things like that. You might also try giving yourself an enema to get things moving, but don't do them regularly.

Cheongsam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Cheongsam » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Read the following from March 2019 issue of SHAPE Singapore:

" Could a small footstool take away constipation woes? Researchers say yes. In a recent US study published in the Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, it was found that participants who typically strained during bowel movements or had difficulty completely emptying their bowels felt better after four weeks of using a toilet stool. A stunning 90 per cent reported less straining while 71 per cent spent less time on the toilet. Having a stool under the feet improves your position since your body is meant to be squatting while doing your number two."

No harm giving it a try! :smile:

Czeec80
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Czeec80 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 pm

I have been feeling bloated about 2 weeks now and I don't know how to fix it any suggestions. Thank you