Running

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Running

Postby hsm » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:57 am

Hi

Anyone into running? Can you share any tips on running? any interesting routes to run etc..

Usually i ran @ Kallang PCN which is near my place (near Andrew village).. quite an easy route except in middle, there's an overhead bridge which i loop back to continue.. previously i used to run @ Bidadari park which has quite a few slopes (good for training but tough for me).. exploring other new 'routes' else seems so boring to run at the same place :roll:

Also, I have problems doing continous run.. stimes i stop even before 1km :( walk abit then continue again.. anyone has tips to do continous run in a steady pace?

Recently i ran with my colleagues after work.. i thought having some friends together do help.. will continue and see how it goes..

I joined a couple of runs, usually in city area cos more convenient.. Marina bay, Gardens by the bay are really nice places for jogging.. good view too :smile:

hsm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Running

Postby smum » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:09 am

Hi. I started running recently more to lose weight. But not very successful as love to eat. I think there is a running club in one of the sport shop in Velocity Novena. They run certain route on certain evening. You can check it out. Have fun! :rahrah:

smum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Starkidz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:46 pm

smum wrote:Hi. I started running recently more to lose weight. But not very successful as love to eat. I think there is a running club in one of the sport shop in Velocity Novena. They run certain route on certain evening. You can check it out. Have fun! :rahrah:

Can provide more info about the sport shop in Velocity Novena. Thinking of joining.

Starkidz
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Starkidz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:47 pm

smum wrote:Hi. I started running recently more to lose weight. But not very successful as love to eat. I think there is a running club in one of the sport shop in Velocity Novena. They run certain route on certain evening. You can check it out. Have fun! :rahrah:

Can provide more info about the sport shop in Velocity Novena. Thinking of joining.

Starkidz
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby smum » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:48 am

I think shop name is Running Lab. It's on the first floor of Velocity shopping center. I saw a running schedule before. You can check it out. Have fun. :dancing:

smum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Starkidz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:46 am

smum wrote:I think shop name is Running Lab. It's on the first floor of Velocity shopping center. I saw a running schedule before. You can check it out. Have fun. :dancing:

:thankyou:

Starkidz
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby timtamfan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:32 pm

hsm wrote:Hi

Anyone into running? Can you share any tips on running? any interesting routes to run etc..
Also, I have problems doing continous run.. stimes i stop even before 1km :( walk abit then continue again.. anyone has tips to do continous run in a steady pace?

Years ago when I was crazy about running, I read up a bit. Found out that there are at least three different 'types' of running
- the normal long distance running (called the long run which is done at a slightly slower than normal pace)
- strength running (e.g hills or loaded), and
- interval running (start-stop/start-stop) type

I guess in you can try to incorporate these variations in your running routine to beat boredom and improve your ability. There are several good books found in the library. There's also a run-walk approach by Jeff Galloway if you want to check it out. Have fun.

P.S. Loved running, but need to preserve my knees till old age :)

timtamfan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby hsm » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:55 pm

I have some knee problems as well.. on and off..

stimes, i will take glucosamine.. once ok, stop again... at times, i use the 'cream' which seems not bad too..

recently my colleague told me to take choc milk after run which helps to speed up recovery after run...

hsm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Health