Shampoo For Swimming

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Shampoo For Swimming

Postby Emelyn » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:23 am

Hi parents,

My daughter has been doing swimming for 1 yr. Her hair is very dry and it is really a challenge to comb her straight. They are not curly though, very straight. But, always entangled to gether. I believe it is the result of swimming.

Can anyone recommend hair product for little girls ? She is 5yo.

Regards

Emelyn
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Lucky » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:24 am

hi

Start by using shampoo that is suitable after swimming such as the L'oreal swim shampoo and also use a swimming cap to protect the hair from sun and chlorine.

As for the dry hair, you probably need to trim off the dry ends.

Lucky
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Emelyn » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am

Hi Lucky,

Thanks for the advice. I have never thought of getting her a swimming cap. Thanks for the enlightenment !

Emelyn
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby schellen » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 pm

L'oreal has a kids range of hair products, some for after sun and swim use, some for daily use. They may cost more than other kids brands but they are worth it. (Note: L'oreal is not paying me for this. :wink: I'm just saying from experience.)

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Andaiz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:10 pm

schellen wrote:L'oreal has a kids range of hair products, some for after sun and swim use, some for daily use. They may cost more than other kids brands but they are worth it. (Note: L'oreal is not paying me for this. :wink: I'm just saying from experience.)

Thanks schellen, will check them out. DD's have been going swimming and screaming about their knot-ty hair :|

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Emelyn » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:44 pm

Andaiz wrote:
schellen wrote:L'oreal has a kids range of hair products, some for after sun and swim use, some for daily use. They may cost more than other kids brands but they are worth it. (Note: L'oreal is not paying me for this. :wink: I'm just saying from experience.)

Thanks schellen, will check them out. DD's have been going swimming and screaming about their knot-ty hair :|

Ha Ha... Andaiz....yeah... really knot-ty hair..... my dd always scream when I comb her hair...and I get stress coming hers..... So, most of the time, she goes around in her messy hair....

Emelyn
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Andaiz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Emelyn wrote:Ha Ha... Andaiz....yeah... really knot-ty hair..... my dd always scream when I comb her hair...and I get stress coming hers..... So, most of the time, she goes around in her messy hair....

Yes, and mine has the "zeng" at the back that is horizontal...which makes it even worse :-)

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

After Swim Shampoo/Bodywash for Kids

Postby Happybirdks » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi all

Apart from the California Baby Swimmer's Defense Shampoo/Bodywash, is there any other brands which are available?

If yes, where can we get them?

Happybirdks
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby amylqf » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 pm

actually my girl try out the DOVE conditioner (for adult),
the hair become more easy to manage after swimming, no knots. better than loreal kids conditioner. try it out.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:56 pm

I use this for washing:

and then appy this before combing:

and it combs beautifully without any entanglement.

Return to Health