Spicy taste in my mouth

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Spicy taste in my mouth

Postby pinky » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 pm

For the past 2 weeks, I have this weird spicy taste in my mouth that stays
24/7. At times there is also a sour taste that lingers for a while and disappears. I have seen TCM who told me its wei-huo (heaty stomach) and
GP who said its acid reflux. I have completed the medicine presribed but no improvement at all.I even went to a dentist for check up but he was also
puzzled with my conditionm. I intend to seek specialist advice soon but in the meantime does anyone of you have similiar experience before and how do you go about getting rid of it? I am wondering if it is something not so good :nailbite: :scared:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2838
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Spicy taste in my mouth

Postby Jennifer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:21 am

pinky wrote:For the past 2 weeks, I have this weird spicy taste in my mouth that stays
24/7. At times there is also a sour taste that lingers for a while and disappears. I have seen TCM who told me its wei-huo (heaty stomach) and
GP who said its acid reflux. I have completed the medicine presribed but no improvement at all.I even went to a dentist for check up but he was also
puzzled with my conditionm. I intend to seek specialist advice soon but in the meantime does anyone of you have similiar experience before and how do you go about getting rid of it? I am wondering if it is something not so good :nailbite: :scared:


what is the colour of your tongue?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23241
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: Spicy taste in my mouth

Postby pinky » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:43 am

Jennifer wrote:
pinky wrote:For the past 2 weeks, I have this weird spicy taste in my mouth that stays
24/7. At times there is also a sour taste that lingers for a while and disappears. I have seen TCM who told me its wei-huo (heaty stomach) and
GP who said its acid reflux. I have completed the medicine presribed but no improvement at all.I even went to a dentist for check up but he was also
puzzled with my conditionm. I intend to seek specialist advice soon but in the meantime does anyone of you have similiar experience before and how do you go about getting rid of it? I am wondering if it is something not so good :nailbite: :scared:


what is the colour of your tongue?


Light red which was the same as before

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2838
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Spicy taste in my mouth

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 pm

not dark pink? :scratchhead:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14663
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 148


Re: Spicy taste in my mouth

Postby Jennifer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Pinkish is supposed to b a sign of good health.

Little red spotties, whitish, red r signs of alert.

Maybe u shld go see another tcm physician.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23241
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106



Re: Spicy taste in my mouth

Postby Funz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:04 pm

Sounds like acid reflux to me. Sometimes a course of antacids will help settle the stomach. Sometimes it is just a symptom of other issues.

I am prone hyperacidity and that is just a symptom. The cause is stress and poor diet. Once those are addressed the hyperacidity subsides.

Since 1 round of meds did not ease the problem, go back to the doctor so that he can prescribe something else. When I first had this problem the doctor's 1st choice will always be antacids but over time, they know, they will give me meds that will help to control the acid production in my stomach. And I learned that when that happens, I have to go easy on the food that I eat and make an effort to de-stress more.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10820
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 318


Re: Spicy taste in my mouth

Postby pinky » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

I went to polyclinic today for a 2nd opinion. The doc has never heard of spiciness in the
mouth but the sour taste is likely to be acid reflux. He gave me medication similiar to the
GP. His diagnosis were acid reflux / vit deficiency / nerve disorder. I was also referred to see a ENT specialist for further investigation next month. hope the medication work first
to sooth spicy/sour sensation. I was advised to avoid spicy, oily food and citrus fruits.
And to destress myself as advised in this thread.
I just find strange why nobody has heard of spicy sensation in the mouth and especially
from doctors and dentist. :nailbite:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2838
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Spicy taste in my mouth

Postby pinky » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Nebbermind wrote:not dark pink? :scratchhead:

Oops I think dark pink is the right description. Thanks.

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2838
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Spicy taste in my mouth

Postby Peirce » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:51 am

Funz wrote:Sounds like acid reflux to me. Sometimes a course of antacids will help settle the stomach. Sometimes it is just a symptom of other issues.

I am prone hyperacidity and that is just a symptom. The cause is stress and poor diet. Once those are addressed the hyperacidity subsides.

Since 1 round of meds did not ease the problem, go back to the doctor so that he can prescribe something else. When I first had this problem the doctor's 1st choice will always be antacids but over time, they know, they will give me meds that will help to control the acid production in my stomach. And I learned that when that happens, I have to go easy on the food that I eat and make an effort to de-stress more.


Do you have a sour feeling in the mouth?My friend has this problem and the sour feeling keeps coming.She has very small appetitie,what did you take to ease the horrible feeling?

Thanks for sharing
Peirce
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Spicy taste in my mouth

Postby Funz » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:06 am

Peirce wrote:
Funz wrote:Sounds like acid reflux to me. Sometimes a course of antacids will help settle the stomach. Sometimes it is just a symptom of other issues.

I am prone hyperacidity and that is just a symptom. The cause is stress and poor diet. Once those are addressed the hyperacidity subsides.

Since 1 round of meds did not ease the problem, go back to the doctor so that he can prescribe something else. When I first had this problem the doctor's 1st choice will always be antacids but over time, they know, they will give me meds that will help to control the acid production in my stomach. And I learned that when that happens, I have to go easy on the food that I eat and make an effort to de-stress more.


Do you have a sour feeling in the mouth?My friend has this problem and the sour feeling keeps coming.She has very small appetitie,what did you take to ease the horrible feeling?

Thanks for sharing


Get your friend to see a doctor. Whenever I have this problem aside from the meds that the doc gave, I make sure that I do not go hungry at all. So frequent small meals to make sure there is something for the acid to work on in the stomach. No spicy or oily food. And to solve the sour taste in the mouth, sweets help.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10820
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 318


Next

Return to Health