Primary school PE Lessons

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Primary school PE Lessons

Postby jjxy mum » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:06 pm

What does your child do during PE lessons?
My child says that her PE lessons is very boring.

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Primary school PE Lessons

Postby icy_mama » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:23 am

jjxy mum wrote:What does your child do during PE lessons?

my dc in primary school does wushu, ball games like basketball, football, volleyball, table tennis, teacher will also devise running games. anything that gets them moving and energetic. PE lessons was never boring. in fact, they're usually terribly disappointed should PE lessons be cancelled.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sweetbaby456 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:27 am

icy_mama wrote:
jjxy mum wrote:What does your child do during PE lessons?

my dc in primary school does wushu, ball games like basketball, football, volleyball, table tennis, teacher will also devise running games. anything that gets them moving and energetic. PE lessons was never boring. in fact, they're usually terribly disappointed should PE lessons be cancelled.

I asked my neighbour son who is in Ngee Ann "What dont you like about Ngee Ann?" His reply " I like everything except that they do not have enough PE lessons."

Apparently he enjoys his PE lessons so much that he wants more of it. :rotflmao:

Sweetbaby456
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Funz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:30 pm

PE lesson is a sore point for DS. During his last visit to the PD for a cold, PD was trying to write him an excuse letter for PE. PD asked him what did he do for his last PE lesson and if he felt breathless after running. He paused for a while and said, 'I cannot even remember when we last had PE. PE lesson is always being eaten up.'

DD on the other hand enjoys PE very much. So far I have seen them trying out all sorts of sports and games.

Kiddos are in different schools.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jjxy mum » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:04 pm

in fact is dd requested me to start this thread...she said that they played Captain ball, but in the whole game, she only touched the ball twice, her friend did not have a chance to touch it.

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:31 pm

DS said baseball, soccer, badminton, volleyball, hockey and Captain ball. Sometimes PE teacher will give them free time to do whatever they like.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04 pm

I can relate to PE eaten up. When elder boy was P3 in BPPS, whole year no PE. Reason: too naughty, so punishment is no PE. Also no music n arts n crafts lessons. That's why we changed sch.

The present sch has 2 periods of PE each week, ah boy looks forward to these.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Health