Any Chinese Physician to recommend? :)

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Any Good Chinese physician to recommend for child asthma

Postby Mandie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:34 am

Hi parents

My girl is 4+, very prompt to cough.
She had been on western medicine but the cough will come back after awhile. Few days ago, I bought her to see a new PD, she told me she has Asthma as the doc heard whizzing when she coughs and prescript her the inhaler..... I am very reluctant to use it and wanted to get 2nd opinion, at the same time to look for Chinese physician to help to build up her health. Any one has good doc or TMC to recommend? Thank you very much.

Mandie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tweety17 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:16 am

Hi Mandie, my experience with TCM has been very positive. He was recommended by my kid's classmate mother about two years ago and we have been with him since then. If u r interested, please let me know n I will pm the contact to you.

tweety17
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Mandie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 am

Hi Insider

Thank you very much for sharing, yes yes, I am keen. Let me know if wants to see my daughter. Thank you

Mandie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Mandie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:15 am

yes, phlegmy cough...actually my mum said that is not whizzing but the phlegm. I also tend to believe the western medicine she has been taking did not cure her since the begining.

Mandie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ponyo » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:53 am

Hi tweety17,

can send me the contact for the TCM doc? My elder daughter is also very prone to cough/cold. Needs to see doc every few months until the family GP jokingly asked if we were interested to rent the unit above his clinic so that we can visit him easily :roll:

I think western med is the zhi biao bu zhi ben so I am very interested to give her a more holistic treatment...

Please help... :?:

ponyo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mandie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:04 am

Did anyone has experience with "buteyko method", a drug free treatment for respiratory diseases? Just found out there is someone conducting workshop in Spore. It is popular in Australia, NZ, UK. i had a book about this method years back, but now then start to look at it seriously after the PD said my daughter has Asthma.....appreciate if anyone could share their experience on this method. Thanks.

http://www.asthmafreeway.com/buteykosingapore.htm

Mandie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby happymom_aa » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:34 am

Hi tweety17,

Can send me the TCM contact too?

DS had been on/off coughing, very phlegmy, he's been advised on the nubelizer which he seems to be rather weak after each use (is this common?) and affects his appetite too.

Thanks.

happymom_aa
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby GreenQ » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Just to share...

My kids used to use nebulizer too when they were 1.5 to 3.5 yrs old. In fact we bought a nebulizer at home due to the frequency need on this machine! Used to visit doctor almost every one or two mths. A bad experience to take care of 3 phlegmy cough kids who fell sick together on and off. :scared:

But now they are nebulizer free for more than 1.5 yrs already... :D No longer have asthmatic cough... :xedfingers: Its because we switched to visit TCM at 中华医院 儿科许医师 . We have visited the same doctor once a week or fortnightly for abt 2 mths by that time. Then realised that my kids didn't fall sick for almost 4 mths since we first used his med! The doctor really get rid of my kids' asthmatic cough symptoms. So we continue to visit him every 2 or 3 mths once after that.

Now, whenever they fall sick, they will recover in 3 or 4 days time. Sometimes juz 2 days only. And no more bad cough (means night cough until vomit and unable to sleep in peace). No more wheezing of course.
Last edited by GreenQ on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreenQ
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:02 pm

I had childhood asthma and get bad attacks when I'm having a bout of flu.

My parents gave me crocodile meat soup (old people say it's good) and I do feel less breathless after taking it. I'm not too sure about the ingredients but I know my mum bought it from the medical hall, then go to crocodile farm to get fresh crocodile meat.

In recent years I've decided to try another alternative which is to build up my immune system instead and it has worked so far. Daily dose of multi-vit plus Sambucol (black elderberry syrup) & colostrum. Regular moderate exercise also helps (I started by climbing stairs :))

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Mandie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:34 am

GreenQ wrote:Just to share...

My kids used to use nebulizer too when they were 1.5 to 3.5 yrs old. In fact we bought a nebulizer at home due to the frequency need on this machine! Used to visit doctor almost every one or two mths. A bad experience to take care of 3 phlegmy cough kids who fall sick together on and off. :scared:

But now they are nebulizer free for more than 1.5 yrs already... :D No longer have asthma cough... :xedfingers: Its because we switched to visit TCM at 中华医院 儿科许医师 . We have visited the same doctor once a week or fortnightly for abt 2 mths by that time. Then realised that my kids didn't fall sick for almost 4 mths since we first used his med! The doctor really get rid of my kids' asthma cough symptoms. So we continue to visit him every 2 or 3 mths once after that.

Now, whenever they fall sick, they will recover in 3 or 4 days time. Sometimes juz 2 days only. And no more bad cough (means night cough until vomit and unable to sleep in peace). No more wheezing of course.

Hi Green Q

May I know where is 中华医院, do you have the address or tel no to share. My child has almost the exact Syndrome like your kid. She was much better when she is 3.5 years old(she did not fall sick for 6mth). I thot my nightmare was over. But I changed her kinder in Jan which is fully aircon (not sure if that is the reason). She started the cycle again since Feb till now , the PD said is Ashtha (to me, it is more Asthma cough but not Asthma). Please help, I can't wait to bring her to see the 许医师. I don't want her to carry the inhaler for life.....Thanks

Mandie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Health