All About Insomnia

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
Icylin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Insomnia

Post by Icylin » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:16 am

Yes, I totally agree. I have a friend who slept only 1-2 hours or didn't sleep at all because of stress

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:140

Post by janet88 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:07 pm

Kyrias wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:40 am
Insomnia is one of the cruel things in life. You become a living zombie if you don't have a nice sleep on you. The biggest reason for insomnia is that something in bothering you or something is on your mind. You need to share what is bothering to someone or seek professional help for it.
SLEEP is crucial for everyone to relax after a long day and for the brain to let go of everything.
my depression sets in when I do not have a good sleep.
in fact, that was how my depression started...I fear nights because I know I will be looking at the ceiling. in fact, it got so bad when I started having panic attacks when I couldn't even lie down as I was hyperventilating.

Rafflesian
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Rafflesian » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:48 pm

It may help to listen to calming music. Apple Music, YouTube and the Calm app have quite a good selection to choose from

EstherP
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by EstherP » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:33 am

I've been trying this method and it works for me. I only go to bed when sleepy. Avoid watching TV, reading, eating, or worrying in bed. Set an alarm for the same time every morning (even weekends) and avoid long daytime naps..

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:140

Post by janet88 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:58 am

EstherP wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:33 am
I've been trying this method and it works for me. I only go to bed when sleepy. Avoid watching TV, reading, eating, or worrying in bed. Set an alarm for the same time every morning (even weekends) and avoid long daytime naps..
i avoid supper and watching tv...but guilty of playing games on ipad.
if i have something on early the next day, i would have problems going to sleep.
as for naps, i try very hard not to...but if i am really sleepy, i will set an alarm to wake up after 15 min.
as for the digital clocks, i switch it off so that i won't be looking at the time.

rong50
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by rong50 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:12 pm

lavender aromatherapy and chamomile tea works for me

Merrylken
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Merrylken » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Try not to use devices 1 hour before sleep

Xaidule
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Xaidule » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:14 pm

I think hat your friend needs to distinguish first if she is suffering from insomnia or she is only under stress due to her loss.Insomnia is sickness and she would need to visit a doctor in order to heal it. If it is stress then several things might help, but still, doctor would give the best advise

toutoulang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by toutoulang » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:46 pm

I also have problems with sleeping. I would sleep at about 9pm plus but would wake up at night and find it difficult to sleep again.

jho48109
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by jho48109 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:07 pm

toutoulang wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:46 pm
I also have problems with sleeping. I would sleep at about 9pm plus but would wake up at night and find it difficult to sleep again.

I am also experiencing the same thing. I am used to sleeping around 9:30 PM then after two hours, I cannot sleep. I've reduced my coffee intake and I think it does not help at all. My lack of sleep is visible in my face, I've got fine lines now. Should I consult a doctor about my problem?