Pls recommend scar treatment creams

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Pls recommend scar treatment creams

Postby sparks » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:39 am

dd got so many scars on her legs that she refrains going out in shorts for now. I was also shocked when I saw the no. she had on her legs. Have let her tried Vit E, Bio oil, aloe vera, various scar creams. Are there any more effective treatments avail?

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Pls recommend scar treatment creams

Postby sailor » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:07 am

try black (cumin) seed oil

sailor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Karen Wee » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Hmm...may i know what kind of scars does you dd have?

If they are scars caused by hyper-pigmentation (scars that appear darker than normal skin) I would suggest her to apply some whitening cream or agent routinely and also to apply sun-screen on her legs before going into the sunshine. As these scars are cause by over-production of melamin (the same thing that causes your skin to get darker when sun-tannning) when the skin is broken, they are fortunately non-permanent and would fade over time even if nothing is done to it.

Hope i can be of help! :smile:

Karen Wee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:36 am

My elder boy stepped into a drain w/o its cover either last year or 2 years back, resulting in a cut on his leg. It was the 1st night at the OBS.

I so heartache when he returned home n I saw the cut. Very bad - dark red and long.

He insisted the cut was superficial n would heal on its own.

Now the length of the cut is shorter and some parts r a little pinky, some parts a little milky white.

I gave him Bio Oil, but he does not apply frequently.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:49 pm

how did she get those scars? there are many types of scars, as Karen Wee pointed out.

chicken pox? trauma scars (from accidents)? mozzie scars?

u can buy a good body salt scrub (like Dead Sea) for her to use for a few mths first. can apply whitening body cream as well. Go to the seaside to soak in salt water if possible.

My sis went to a hot mineral spring in Bandung with me and all her leg scars disappeared...magic.

if doesn't work, try National Skin Centre or pte dermatologist. Just go laser those scars off. I lasered my trauma scars on my hands before. Fast and effective.

Spider veins, armpits pigmentation, 老人斑, moles, etc all can zap.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sparks » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:01 pm

Those are normal scars from insect bites & rashes & scratching affected areas. Usually they shld heal pretty fast for young persons. But hers seem to stay. My sister's dd (younger than mine) also had those scars on her legs. I am wondering if having eczema aggravates the condition.

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ammonite » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:00 pm

people with eczema tend to have skin that scar more easily. DS2 has a keloid scar on his elbow from a cut. Very sad. :( But for lesser injuries, I find that if I am very vigilant about using specific moisturiser on his skin when I see the slightest tear, it heals better and leaves no scar. Treat any infection first (including insect bites) and once the skin closes up, put moisturisers suitable for her skin.

One of my cousins (no eczema) did outgrow her insect scars years later so there is still hope. My nephew (no eczema) gets huge swellings from normal insect bites and his mum was told to use a mild steroid cum antibacterial cream on the bites and I don't see any more marks on him. Probably it stopped him from scratching badly and damaging the skin in the first place.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sailor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:16 pm

My sis went to a hot mineral spring in Bandung with me and all her leg scars disappeared...magic.

Hi Jennifer,
Where is Bandung did u go and how long did you stayed in the spring water?

sailor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mommylow » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:20 pm

Snail mucus cream?

It has been all the rage these two years for scar healing.

mommylow
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:36 pm

sailor wrote:My sis went to a hot mineral spring in Bandung with me and all her leg scars disappeared...magic.

Hi Jennifer,
Where is Bandung did u go and how long did you stayed in the spring water?

jetsetter wrote:My sis went to a hot mineral spring in Bandung with me and all her leg scars disappeared...magic.

Not me go mineral spring. Wrong channel :rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Health