Paraben free make-up

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Paraben free make-up

Postby sleepy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Found out recently that Laneige BB cream contains paraben. Apparently most cosmetic brands contain paraben.

Any recommendation for make-up that are paraben free?

BB cream, liquid foundation, pressed powder, loose powder

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Paraben free make-up

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:35 pm

You can try Living Nature fr New Zealand. Last time I bought from Metro cosmetic counters. Not sure if still have.

The other that I know is Bud Cosmetics Singapore, Square 2. Their website

http://www.budcosmetics.com/index.php

Not sure if have all the range you listed though.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mommylow » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:59 pm

I usually get my organic products, be it food or skin products bought online from iHerb store.

Paraben is widely used not only in cosmetics like foundation, BB/CC creams, powder, eye pencils and lipsticks, they are also found in many skin care products, body foams/cleansers, soaps, moisturizers, shampoo and conditioners. These products also contain synthetic fragrances, phthalate, propylene glycol, harsh sulphates besides the harmful and cancer-causing parabens.

Consumers in Singapore are not very much into finding out what goes into that bottle or package. Most are ill-informed about such harmful chemicals and have been exposed to them since young. Cancer-stricken patients tend to pay heed to avoid products that contain these harmful chemicals. Think it is high time people do their health a favour by reading labels properly before buying the products. Choose products that are all natural and safe, made from certified organic ingredients and cruelty free with no animal testing.

mommylow
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby buds » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:21 am

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 am

sleepy:
ur best bet is SEPHORA. They carry a lot of paraben-free cosmetics & haircare prodts:

Urban Decay, Stila, Lorac and Smashbox products are paraben free.
Tarte, Two Faced are also, I think. Even some of Sephora's own housebrand foundations...

Elsewhere at Orchard - Philosophy, Dr Hauschka also declared they are paraben free.

Get Smashbox. Great colours and quality.

I dun use BB/CC cream. In fact, I've not been using my loose powder daily. Just my SPF tinted moisturiser above my regular day moisturiser. So I never really bother abt parabens or what.

FDA believes that at the present time there is no reason for consumers to be concerned about the use of cosmetics containing parabens. However, the agency will continue to evaluate new data in this area. If FDA determines that a health hazard exists, the agency will advise the industry and the public, and will consider its legal options under the authority of the FD&C Act in protecting the health and welfare of consumers.

http://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/productand ... 128042.htm

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:38 pm

happen to come across paraben free bb cream

http://eviva.com.sg/dr-mineral-bb-cream.html

This site has lots of paraben free products but no cosmetics.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

All about Paraben free cosmetics

Postby sleepy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Thank you all for sharing! Really appreciative :please:

:thankyou:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:56 pm

By the way, I chance upon this website while googling. Useful in checking toxic level of products. Database only applicable to product brands from US

www.ewg.org/skindeep

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:18 pm

sleepy wrote:Found out recently that Laneige BB cream contains paraben. Apparently most cosmetic brands contain paraben.

Any recommendation for make-up that are paraben free?

BB cream, liquid foundation, pressed powder, loose powder

Hi sleepy,

Hv u gone to Sephora to enquire abt Urban Decay, Stila, Lorac, Tarte, Two Faced and Smashbox products which I believe are paraben free:)

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:43 pm

jetsetter wrote:Hi sleepy,

Hv u gone to Sephora to enquire abt Urban Decay, Stila, Lorac, Tarte, Two Faced and Smashbox products which I believe are paraben free:)

Yes. I asked for assistance at Sephora but the promoter only recommended me Tarte. She didn't mention other brands at all so I didn't check the rest out. I tried Tarte but feel kind of itchy on my hand.

I will re-visit Sephora to check out the rest. Thanks!

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Health