Anyone do hair color DIY @ home?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Anyone do hair color DIY @ home?

Postby hsm » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:32 am

I have only doing hair color @ salon cos i'm worried about damaging my hair if i didnt do properly... of course it's also easier for someone to do it for you.. but it's the cost and need to do more regularly these days due to the new white hair are growing faster... :scared:

went to check out the DIY hair color @ Guardian recently, noted quite a lot of new hair color products and it's ammonia free and covers white hair etc.. and the colors look nice.. wondering if i should try doing it myself.. i've got shoulder length hair..

has anyone done their own hair color @ home? any tips to share?
Thanks.

hsm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Anyone do hair color DIY @ home?

Postby janet88 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 am

hsm wrote:went to check out the DIY hair color @ Guardian recently, noted quite a lot of new hair color products and it's ammonia free and covers white hair etc.. and the colors look nice.. wondering if i should try doing it myself.. i've got shoulder length hair..

has anyone done their own hair color @ home? any tips to share?
Thanks.

I DIY hair colour at home. will ask mum to help me for area I can't see white hair...so much cheaper. using this brand called 'prominous'. think there is a promotion going on at watsons. my advice - do not get black as the effect is very artificial. I just had my hair dyed yesterday.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jjxy mum » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:45 am

Janet,
pls share the colour that u used. I have a few strand of white ..is the steps very complicated?

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:02 pm

It's really easy for DIY at home. Even my pils are doing that themselves.

If you are worried about staining, maybe wear an old t-shirt before applying the coloring.

For colors, you can look at the color chart and see what is the closest match.

If you are only touching up, maybe just do the top and not the full head.

I used to DIY too but do have package with the saloon now. Have been going to them but yes it's growing too fast for my liking.... The issue with DIY after saloon is that I am concerned about getting a color that matches....

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby hersheys » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:55 pm

I DIY at home too...my hubby colours my hair. so much cheaper and at your convenience somemore.

After that, I will also apply hair mask too. in fact I try to apply hair mask once a week if possible.

hersheys
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby zbear » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:08 pm

hersheys wrote: After that, I will also apply hair mask too. in fact I try to apply hair mask once a week if possible.

First time I am hearing hair mask. Pls share - what is hair mask n where can you buy it?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby savoury sweet » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:59 pm

hersheys wrote:I DIY at home too...my hubby colours my hair. so much cheaper and at your convenience somemore.

After that, I will also apply hair mask too. in fact I try to apply hair mask once a week if possible.

What's hair mask exactly ?? Can share ?? Thank you

savoury sweet
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:08 pm

it's so much cheaper to DIY hair colour at home...I buy prominous as it is easy to apply...just add the tube of hair colorant to the bottle of 'softener'...give it a good shake to mix well...then use the comb provided to squeeze out on the hair. use an old towel after wash as colour might stain a little. no worries, instructions all stated. even disposable gloves are provided.

I use 5C for hair colour.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:14 am

http://www.hoyu.com.sg/consumer/bigensilkytouch/
for silk touch range, I use 5C.
for prominous milky range I use 6-5 colour.

someone posted the contents in the box...maybe you would like to take a look. http://mysharings.onsugar.com/Hoyu-Bige ... w-10099234

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sailor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:42 am

I use 100% Organic Natural Hair Dye by Noni....its all natural.
See the link....http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Natural-B ... s=hair+dye

sailor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Health