Menopause Symptoms Management

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Menopause Symptoms Management

Postby CJS » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you can share how you successfully manage menopausal symptoms.

I have been having flare ups of skin rashes frequently since last year. Has anyone successfully managed to reduce skin rash flare ups with herbs ?

CJS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Menopause Symptoms Management

Postby pinky » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:23 pm

I am going through a very challenging menopausal period now and these are my
method to counteract the discomfort:
1. Hot flushes - come and go without warning. I shower 2-3 times to cut down the discomfort. Wear loose clothing too help. Drink lots of water.

2. Memory loss - write down reminders. I carry a small note book in my bag to record things and make a to-do list.

3. Insomnia-stop taking afternoon naps. Take a relaxing walk after dinner-it helps with digestion and tire you out by bedtime. I also tend to wait up a few
times a night. Still no solution yet.

4. Hearing problem- last resort is to use hearing aids.

5. Digestion problem - take small and frequent meals. Avoid fried/spicy food.

6. Tired easily/lack of stamina - take short breaks. Exercise.

Still looking for solutions for these problems:
balance, knee pain, hearing

Wish the symptoms will go away soon. It's driving me :cry: :stupid: :mad:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby CJS » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi pinky,

I do get knee pain and it has been resolved with glucosamine supplement. Make sure to take a good quality brand. I tried unity brand and it's useless. Triflex from GNC works well for me.

Hope this help you.

I am now in a stage of serious skin hives. So itchy! :?: I wonder if there is any supplement I can take to reduce the severity instead of relying on anti histamine medication.

CJS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby pinky » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:05 pm

I have hives for the past 20 years+. I consulted the Skin Centre and was told to avoid bread, biscuits, chilli sauce, ketchup, kway teow, noodles, bee hoon,
Sweets etc and all man made food. Conclusion is: Grow my own food :oops:
In reality it was tough to follow (to me) but I do avoid sweets because of its
colouring and take brown rice for my meals. Also protect against cold bec I notice it flare up whenever I am in air con places. My TCM mentioned that our emotion also play a part - too stressed, anger, grief, anxious etc will cause flare up.
I am not taking any medication for hives but I do apply body cream to ease the itch. I don't know if it's hereditary but my son has it also.

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby CJS » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi pinky,

My hives behave the opposite of yours. They subside in aircon rooms and flare up fiercely under hot weather. I did not have this problem until end of last year. That's why I attribute it to peri-menopause.

I do not get hot flashes of the "textbook" definition but I can feel that my core body temperature seems to be higher since beginning this year. My palms and soles are always warm to touch. My ds commented several times that I have a fever.

I suffered so much from hives that I wished I am living in a temperature country.

CJS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby pinky » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:27 pm

I heard that if it's related to menopause, the symptoms will disappear within a year or so. Cheer up :boogie:
As mentioned I have it for 20 years and in recent years the skin even bleed when I scratch, sigh..

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:27 pm

I heard that if it's related to menopause, the symptoms will disappear within a year or so. Cheer up :boogie:
As mentioned I have it for 20 years and in recent years the skin even bleed when I scratch, sigh..

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby CJS » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:30 am

I am trying out neem supplements from Himalayas. It's supposed to be antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and anti-parasitic. Basically, it cleanses blood and liver which would benefit skin health. I hope my rashes would not flare up with this supplement. My first dose was yesterday. Will update here after three months. :xedfingers:

CJS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby zbear » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:33 am

I googled on hives but there is no mention that hives are linked to menopause.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby CJS » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:05 pm

If you Google skin problems during menopause, you will see lots of articles on them.

CJS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Health