tics in children

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

tics in children

Postby jani_83 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:03 am

Recently my son has been opening up his mouth every few mins..was worried & brought him to kkh. Doc claims it is just tics. But i am still quite worried. :nailbite: Any mummy here experiencing same scenario as me? :roll:

jani_83
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: tics in children

Postby slmkhoo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:48 am

How old is he? If he is a toddler or preschooler, tics are quite common. They may take the form of blinking eyes, squinting or other kinds of repeated movements. Often, the child does it as a form of exploration, then finds it fun (especially if caregivers comment or make a fuss), and then gets into the habit of repeating the action. The best way to extinguish the tic is to ignore it completely and let the child get tired of doing it. Giving it attention will usually encourage the child to keep repeating it.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: tics in children

Postby nerov » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:53 am

Motor tics are common in young children. My boy had it when he was younger and it went away by itself after a while (couple of weeks, I think). Just pay no attention to it; it will be fine.

nerov
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Health