Osteopathic Medicine

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Osteopathic Medicine

Postby EASON MAGPIES » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:36 am

Hi to all

My DD was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) last year. She is 4 years plus now.

Recently my wife's friend recommended us to bring her to see a Neuropsychologist.

The name of her practise is Osteopathic Medicine and Rehabilitation pte ltd intergral ntc.

I did some wiki research and found that this is quite a new form of medicine in Singapore.

My wife's friend claimed it improve her own child conditions tremendously. I am quite skeptical about it as to whether it will really improve anything related to ASD.

1) Does anyone here have any own experiences to share about neuropsychology or Osteopathic medicines?

2) Will it help to improve ASD?

3) I was told there is massage therapy of the brain? Is there such a thing? Sounds like some kind of old wives tale which makes me even more skeptical.

Do share with me if you have any knowledge or experiences.

Thank you in advance.

EASON MAGPIES
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:49 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Osteopathic Medicine

Postby tabgha » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:19 pm

EASON MAGPIES wrote:Hi to all

My DD was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) last year. She is 4 years plus now.

Recently my wife's friend recommended us to bring her to see a Neuropsychologist.

The name of her practise is Osteopathic Medicine and Rehabilitation pte ltd intergral ntc.

I did some wiki research and found that this is quite a new form of medicine in Singapore.

My wife's friend claimed it improve her own child conditions tremendously. I am quite skeptical about it as to whether it will really improve anything related to ASD.

1) Does anyone here have any own experiences to share about neuropsychology or Osteopathic medicines?

2) Will it help to improve ASD?

3) I was told there is massage therapy of the brain? Is there such a thing? Sounds like some kind of old wives tale which makes me even more skeptical.

Do share with me if you have any knowledge or experiences.

Thank you in advance.


Osteopathy is not new in Singapore. If not mistaken, it's probably around for about 20 years. I'm not sure if it should be considered medicine per se as it is an alternative form of therapy for rehabilitation.

The massage therapy on the brain is considered as cranial sacral therapy. Whether it's effective or not really depends from person to person.

The more tried and trusted forms of therapies are:

- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- ABA
- Nutrition/Diet
- Sound Therapy

tabgha
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:55 pm
Total Likes: 5


Re: Osteopathic Medicine

Postby EASON MAGPIES » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:26 am

tabgha wrote:
EASON MAGPIES wrote:Hi to all

My DD was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) last year. She is 4 years plus now.

Recently my wife's friend recommended us to bring her to see a Neuropsychologist.

The name of her practise is Osteopathic Medicine and Rehabilitation pte ltd intergral ntc.

I did some wiki research and found that this is quite a new form of medicine in Singapore.

My wife's friend claimed it improve her own child conditions tremendously. I am quite skeptical about it as to whether it will really improve anything related to ASD.

1) Does anyone here have any own experiences to share about neuropsychology or Osteopathic medicines?

2) Will it help to improve ASD?

3) I was told there is massage therapy of the brain? Is there such a thing? Sounds like some kind of old wives tale which makes me even more skeptical.

Do share with me if you have any knowledge or experiences.

Thank you in advance.


Osteopathy is not new in Singapore. If not mistaken, it's probably around for about 20 years. I'm not sure if it should be considered medicine per se as it is an alternative form of therapy for rehabilitation.

The massage therapy on the brain is considered as cranial sacral therapy. Whether it's effective or not really depends from person to person.

The more tried and trusted forms of therapies are:

- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- ABA
- Nutrition/Diet
- Sound Therapy



Thanks for the reply. We had already brought our DD for speech and OT and still going. There are some improvement. My wife's friends had been saying how amazing this alternative form of therapy is and keep asking her to try. So she wanted me to bring our DD to try.

I am cautious so I am asking around. Seems many of my friends had not even heard of it though you mentioned it is around for 20 years. It seems most Singaporeans never heard of it.

EASON MAGPIES
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:49 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Osteopathic Medicine

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:38 am

I believe most SG have not heard of it coz they donch need it.
So far, the people I knew who went for such therapy are kids with ADHD, ASD or some form of learning disability. You will not see transformation overnight...maybe subtle change in behaviour.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14992
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 151


Re: Osteopathic Medicine

Postby tabgha » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:26 am

EASON MAGPIES wrote:Thanks for the reply. We had already brought our DD for speech and OT and still going. There are some improvement. My wife's friends had been saying how amazing this alternative form of therapy is and keep asking her to try. So she wanted me to bring our DD to try.

I am cautious so I am asking around. Seems many of my friends had not even heard of it though you mentioned it is around for 20 years. It seems most Singaporeans never heard of it.


As parents, I think we will try and do whatever it takes to help our children improve. We are always hoping that there is one therapy that might work. But it's a long drawn process and for ASD kids, sometimes it takes a few therapies over a prolonged period of time to see improvements. Whatever therapies one embark on, just bear in mind that it's not a quick fix solution.

If time and resources permit, maybe go for 4-5 sessions to try it out. Otherwise, just concentrate on the OT and SLT. You might want to consider diet/supplements as well as this works on the insides of the body so that the body can function better.

All the best

tabgha
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:55 pm
Total Likes: 5



Re: Osteopathic Medicine

Postby kitty2 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:09 am

EASON MAGPIES wrote:Hi to all

My DD was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) last year. She is 4 years plus now.

Recently my wife's friend recommended us to bring her to see a Neuropsychologist.

The name of her practise is Osteopathic Medicine and Rehabilitation pte ltd intergral ntc.

I did some wiki research and found that this is quite a new form of medicine in Singapore.

My wife's friend claimed it improve her own child conditions tremendously. I am quite skeptical about it as to whether it will really improve anything related to ASD.

1) Does anyone here have any own experiences to share about neuropsychology or Osteopathic medicines?

2) Will it help to improve ASD?

3) I was told there is massage therapy of the brain? Is there such a thing? Sounds like some kind of old wives tale which makes me even more skeptical.

Do share with me if you have any knowledge or experiences.

Thank you in advance.



May I know which oestopathy did you go to and what is their charges? I heard it does help for special need kids and people with nerves problem.

Thanks

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:01 pm
Total Likes: 2



Return to Health