Where has Dr. Ngiam Thye Eng gone?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
Post Reply
dinomon04
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 17,

Where has Dr. Ngiam Thye Eng gone?

Post by dinomon04 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi,

Anyone whose kids used to see Dr. Ngiam @ SG Baby & Child Clinic? Today I brought my son to see him who has come down with bronchitis.
To my surprise, the old batch of doctors have all left. I have no choice but to see a new young doctor.

Does anyone know where he has gone? He is a very good cough specialist in SBC. Everytime I go there, we have to wait for 2-3 hours, today, there's only 2 patients there when I arrived 8.30a.

Thanks! :idea:

pakalika
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 09,

Re: Where has Dr. Ngiam Thye Eng gone?

Post by pakalika » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 am

I went today and got a shock as well. It was so empty that its shocking. Then I realised all the doctors resigned. They all left to set up another clinic at the same place but on 3rd floor.

International Child & Adolescent Clinic ICAC (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Gleneagles Medical Centre #03-03
Telephone: 64711077

dinomon04 wrote:Hi,

Anyone whose kids used to see Dr. Ngiam @ SG Baby & Child Clinic? Today I brought my son to see him who has come down with bronchitis.
To my surprise, the old batch of doctors have all left. I have no choice but to see a new young doctor.

Does anyone know where he has gone? He is a very good cough specialist in SBC. Everytime I go there, we have to wait for 2-3 hours, today, there's only 2 patients there when I arrived 8.30a.

Thanks! :idea:

hquek
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 6702
Joined: Fri Jul 18,
Total Likes:72

Post by hquek » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:56 am

Wow! Thanks for the lead.

I brought DS to see him before - he was the first doctor to come up with a sane diagnosis that was correct. Ex-pd kept saying bronchitis and even had a stay in hospital, but based on the symptoms etc, Dr Ngiam told me he's a case of happy wheezer (nothing we can do, kid will be fine and grow out of it).

next time, maybe can try MOH website to look: http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/hcservices.aspx?id=7820.

But Dr Ngiam's contact not yet updated.

ponyo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Apr 02,
Total Likes:3

Post by ponyo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:32 am

heard the 3rd floor premise is a temporary one and they will be moving to another unit at the hospital wing.

Yup, SBCC is very empty these days. Good thing is the doc's got more time for the patients and the nurses are less flustered too :D

Tried one of the new doc (the gastro one)) and she's really pretty good with kids and my kid was ok. Heard she was from ex-KK. so pretty experienced -- ie not those wet behind the ears type :wink:

Dutie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 16,

Re: Where has Dr. Ngiam Thye Eng gone?

Post by Dutie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:40 am

This is the number of Dr. Ngiam Thye Eng, 65358833. They told me will move to Annexe block at gleneagles hospital.


dinomon04
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 17,

Re: Where has Dr. Ngiam Thye Eng gone?

Post by dinomon04 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Dutie wrote:This is the number of Dr. Ngiam Thye Eng, 65358833. They told me will move to Annexe block at gleneagles hospital.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Anyway I've seen another doctor becos of the medical insurance restriction. Touch wood! If next time, will definitely go back to Dr. Ngiam. I have 100% confidence on him.

Cheers,
Alice

kwk9060
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 17,

Post by kwk9060 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:50 pm

hquek wrote: I brought DS to see him before - he was the first doctor to come up with a sane diagnosis that was correct. Ex-pd kept saying bronchitis and even had a stay in hospital, but based on the symptoms etc, Dr Ngiam told me he's a case of happy wheezer (nothing we can do, kid will be fine and grow out of it).
Hi hquek

Did Doctor said when the kid will out grow it?? What course of treatment did he give your ds?? Cos my ds always down with bronchitis n it always accompany with 3-4 days of hospital stay....(last year 3x, last eps was in Dec 2009 n he's having it again this week...) very taxing on the $$ n our annual leave.

angicmon
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 28,
Total Likes:1

word of thanks

Post by angicmon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:23 pm

thank you pakalika for the contact details of dr ngiam. we couldnt find where he was before i saw ur post...THANKS!!! we ve seen kkh thrice n still not better, jus saw ur post, called n realised they were open half a day only today so must wait till tomorrow to see him... :cry:
thank u once again mummies for posting here!

hquek
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 6702
Joined: Fri Jul 18,
Total Likes:72

Post by hquek » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:31 pm

kwk9060 wrote: Hi hquek

Did Doctor said when the kid will out grow it?? What course of treatment did he give your ds?? Cos my ds always down with bronchitis n it always accompany with 3-4 days of hospital stay....(last year 3x, last eps was in Dec 2009 n he's having it again this week...) very taxing on the $$ n our annual leave.
Hi kwk9060,

He was few months old then. I think he said by about 2-3 y/o kids will outgrow. That first consultation was super ex (by my standards) - I went in for 5-10 min, and no medication. But then if I had known of him earlier, would have saved the thousands spent on that hospital stay and all that neubalizing.

kwk9060
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 17,

Post by kwk9060 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks.

Post Reply