missed periods

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

missed periods

Postby ammonite » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi mummies,

a friend of mine had missed periods for two cycles. However the pregnancy tests are negative. Is this common? :? Should I drag her to a gynae? Also, is there a good female gynae around bukit timah/clementi area?

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: missed periods

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:08 pm

I presume that she doesn't have a history of missed periods? Has she been through any stress, illness, weight loss recently? All these could trigger disruptions in the cycle. If she doesn't feel pregnant, I guess she can just wait a while more. If you want to be safe, then I guess a scan will answer the question definitively. Can't help you about gynaes.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:12 pm

slmkhoo wrote:I presume that she doesn't have a history of missed periods? Has she been through any stress, illness, weight loss recently? All these could trigger disruptions in the cycle. If she doesn't feel pregnant, I guess she can just wait a while more. If you want to be safe, then I guess a scan will answer the question definitively. Can't help you about gynaes.

Thanks! No, she seems fine. In fact she thought she might be pregnant at first. :scratchhead:

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kitty » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:03 pm

The same thing happen to me recently. I missed 3 cycle !
Visited a normal GP and was prescribed with 5 days medication. Menses came 2 days after completing the medication.

Kitty
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ksme » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:15 pm

How old is your friend? Could she be experiencing the onset of menopause?

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ammonite » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:28 am

Ksme,
She is in her mid thirties, so still a little early for menopause.

Kitty,
Oh we didn't know that GP can have an answer to this! Thanks! I will let her know!

Thanks again everyone!

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Health