Green Tea

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Green Tea

Postby LKVM » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:28 pm

I have heard so much about green tea.. do u ppl also drink green tea or take green tea suppliments?? I am looking for either good green tea suppliments cause I have heard that green tea is usefull in following things

- reduction in heart disease.
- reduction in bad cholesterol.
- increase in metabolic rate / fat oxidization.
- prevention of the death of brain cells – meaning less chance of Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s diseases.
- lower incidence of cancers.
- helps in weight loss.

I am more concerned about the last one cause last but not definately the least is reducing weight

Your views pls

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:52 pm

I am sipping on my mug of green tea while reading this. Heheh.

I drink green tea everyday. I have also read about all the benefits but I drink it cos I like it, not for health reasons.

As for all the claims, well really dunno. And for weight loss, if you are hoping that green tea will help you lose weight while you still make no changes to your lifestyle or diet then no, it won't help much.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Funz wrote:I am sipping on my mug of green tea while reading this. Heheh.

I drink green tea everyday. I have also read about all the benefits but I drink it cos I like it, not for health reasons.

As for all the claims, well really dunno. And for weight loss, if you are hoping that green tea will help you lose weight while you still make no changes to your lifestyle or diet then no, it won't help much.

How many cups do u drink daily? heard if u really wanna make a difference should drink atleast 6-8 cups thats like oooooooooooooooo

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't drink it regularly. There is a type of green tea which is green tea tea leaves plus rice (?). I find it better than pure green tea as the latter can be quite bitter.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:I don't drink it regularly. There is a type of green tea which is green tea tea leaves plus rice (?). I find it better than pure green tea as the latter can be quite bitter.

With rice??? :? heard it for the first time.. yes the taste of green tea maybe bitter but then maybe can add honey?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Usually 2- 3 cups a day.

6-8 cups, I'll have to camp in the toilet at nite.

Bitter meh. Not really wat. It has a milder taste then most chinese tea.

You talking about normal green tea right. Not the Japanese powder kind that they use in their tea drinking ceremony.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Funz wrote:Usually 2- 3 cups a day.

6-8 cups, I'll have to camp in the toilet at nite.

hahahaha but they say its good to have 6-8 cups :lol:

Funz wrote:You talking about normal green tea right. Not the Japanese powder kind that they use in their tea drinking ceremony.

yeah the normal green tea... not the green tea powder.. do u feel that drinking it u reduce weight or u r anyways perfect figure person

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jce » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 pm

The one with rice is called genmaicha.

I like macha, which is the thick one. Don't drink often, only when I have the time to slowly sip and taste each mouth. :)

jce
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:25 pm

I never add sugar or honey to green tea.
Are we supposed or required to do so? It is the raw taste that thrills a green tea lover.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Got such thing as a perfect figure meh? My figure ah, standing at 156cm (& shrinking) and weighing between 46-47kg (and increasing). Got some bulges in places where there should not be any and can be bigger in some areas and smaller in others and can definitely afford to be perkier and less jiggly in all areas.

Like I said, I do not think green tea alone can help you lose weight if you do not change your lifestyle and eating habits. But it does help me in digestion and reducing the gelak feeling if you know what I mean.

Well if you use to be a coffee drinker and you drink coffee with milk and sugar and take like 2 -3 cups a day. Switch to green tea and dun add sugar or cream and you may find yourself losing a couple of pounds.

Seriously, if you want to lose weight, try changing your eating habits.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Health